Extreme fatigue?

Options
I am CRAZY tired at the end of the day, no matter how much sleep i get. I've been working out for two months, doing c25k three days week and zumba and weights the other three days, with one day of rest.

The days I walk\jog, my body feels so heavy I'm in slow motion. I have no problem with the workout, and feel great during and right after. But a few hours later, I'm dragging. No soreness, just ridiculous fatigue.

The days I do cardio and weights, I used to always feel great. Now I'm getting crazy tired from that too.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    It is possible you are trying to do too much too soon.

Are you eating properly?
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    If you are definitely eating enough for the exercise maybe its time for a doctor visit, get your bloods checked for vit d, b and iron levels and anything else the doctor deems appropriate.
  • adbhmb
    adbhmb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You are probably working out too much, not eating enough, or more likely than not BOTH. I would suggest slowing down a bit, work out a Maximum of 1hour a day. Outside of working out what do you do? If you have a crazy busy job, on top of how much you work it's no wonder your tired (same if you are a "couch potato", if you work out really hard every day and then just sit when your not exercising that could create fatigue as well)
  • bringon30
    bringon30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    How many calories per day do you eat?
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Eat enough, drink enough, rest enough. The fact that a run feels good and you get exhausted later tells me you may need to drink more.

If these 3 things are up to par than time for some blood work.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    How many calories per day do you eat? Are you getting enough fat and iron?
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? Are you dehydrated? Watching your macros? Do you need another rest day? Were you physically active before this exercise routine? I'm just wondering whether you've gone from 0 to 100 with exercise!

If all of the above check out and this continues, it might be worth seeing a GP for a check up.
  • amyoneill656
    amyoneill656 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response! More info on me, i work full time and have a five year old, so i am busy throughout the day. I'm averaging about 1500 calories a day. I'm overweight so i try to stay below 2000 but above 1200. I don't consume the calories i work off. Jog days i go before work and weight days i do after work.

I thought i was doing too much, so i cut back. I was doing an hour of cardio a day until i started c25k. Now i do a half hour on those days before the weights. I also am staying on week 1 for a bit since i've NEVER run in my life. I tried week two and got 2 days in before i had to go back a level. I could barely move afterwards.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response! More info on me, i work full time and have a five year old, so i am busy throughout the day. I'm averaging about 1500 calories a day. I'm overweight so i try to stay below 2000 but above 1200. I don't consume the calories i work off. Jog days i go before work and weight days i do after work.

I thought i was doing too much, so i cut back. I was doing an hour of cardio a day until i started c25k. Now i do a half hour on those days before the weights. I also am staying on week 1 for a bit since i've NEVER run in my life. I tried week two and got 2 days in before i had to go back a level. I could barely move afterwards.
    Even though you didn't think it was too much at once, it sounds like it is for you at this point in time.

Try cutting back for 1 month and reassess. If your feeling continues after cutting back, see your GP.