Praying for success - day one (100th attempt)

Options
My name is Kristina - I am 32 and have 3 children and am married. I need to loose about 80 lbs! I feel like that is impossible! I know that is not the right attitude to have but am I the only one who feels this way? Have any of you taken a look in the mirror and thought to yourself "I am not that fat" or "I dont look bad" but then seen a picture of yourself and reality hit and you realized then and there that what you thought you were and what you infact really are were two different sizes?? Maybe I am crazy but I never realized I was getting so big until recently looking at a photo of me in a bathing suit - OMG - Reality Check hit right there - so here I am hoping I can be strong and knock out some of these (all of these) bad habbits I have formed and work hard to lose this weight! I hope I am able to find the support I need to stay strong and positive....right now I hate my image - I want to love myself again!!! Good luck to you all!! :) God Bless!

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    we are behind you 100% and YOU WILL DO THIS!!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!!!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Since you feel that 80 lbs is impossible, how do you feel about 20 lbs? Take smaller steps. Once you reach 20, then start working on the next 20. Otherwise the task will be too daunting. Good luck on your journey!
  • cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I just went for a walk and I was literally praying for success. I'm right there with you, with the 100TH attempt.

I'll pray for you too!! :)
  • Shelli_G
    Shelli_G Posts: 14
    Options
    80 lbs. is totally doable if you have smaller goals leading up to your ultimate goals. Today is another one of my attempts to 're-start' my weight loss / exercise journey, and this time I'm sticking to it!! We'll motivate and support each other!! Good luck!
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I have about the same amount to loss. It has helped me to think in small goal not the overall goal. The overall seems too big to tackle for me right now or I will go crazy :)

YOU CAN DO IT with the support you will receive on this site!
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    yes you can do it, and no it wont be easy. But the good news is that you are capable of anything you set your mind to. Just make the decision that you ARE going to do this, start small and work your way up. Dont just jump in, get a plan and go at it!!!!
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Have you watched Biggest Loser? It IS possible! If you have an iPhone, get Hulu Plus and watch it when you're working out. Totally a great source of motivation!
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    80 is totally possible. No need to think otherwise. Just don't think of it as 80, think of it as one day, and one week, at a time; in fact, think of it as a change forever (the only way to keep weight off is to be as conscious as you were when you were trying to lose it). With each successful day/week of calorie management, you'll continue to be headed toward your goal, and when you reach it, you'll stay there, too. It will get more exciting and easier when you see success, but don't let the big number scare you into "all or nothing" thinking. Good luck!
  • kaw811
    kaw811 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Don't think of the 80 pounds or whatever amount you have to lose. Think how as each pound falls off you will feel that much better and be closer to your goal. As you lose weight you'll feel better and look better and the journey will be good.... AND you'll learn so much about yourself along the way! Strive to be healthy and have healthy habits, which will keep you on the right track and in in for the long haul... really, the rest of your life!

Keep tracking your food. It really helps to keep you within healthy boundaries... which is what we all tend to need!

Good luck!
  • enjoyinglife2012
    Options
    I have felt like that many many times!!!!!! I am good out of the gates but i'm not much for stamina. I have been trying to loose 40lbs for the last almost 10 yrs ... in the last year I have finally been able to loose almost 10 out of the 40. People tell me all the time wow you look great are you loosing weight. when I tell them NO but thanks for the boost ... they don't believe me!!!

I opened up an account here a month or so ago ... was trying to do a 30 day challenge ... and well ... i lasted a cpl of days then i lost all my motivation. what i'm trying to say is your not alone!!!! I hope you have all the success in the world. I'm trying to change one bad habit at a time. see how that works out for me.
  • Rdy4change2011
    Options
    Just starting today also and for what seems like to 100th time. Trying to lose 110-120 lbs. I am going to break mine down into 5% increments to keep it from seeming so overwhelming. Here's praying we both keep at it and do NOT give up on ourselves.
  • jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend for support/motivation. The more support/encouragement the better.
  • jam472719
    jam472719 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have done the same thing...think to myself, I am not THAT big...then see a picture of myself. Ugh. Even after losing nearly 40 lbs so far, I still am not happy with how I look in pictures. Pictures are a huge wake up call. The lifestyle changes are hard to overcome, but it is possible! It just takes time and lots of positive encouragement and support. There are so many people on here who have gone through or are going through the same journey! Good luck to you!!
  • rawahl
    rawahl Posts: 2
    Options
    Kristina,

I am 38 and needed to lose 80 lbs too. I tried hundreds of diets. I have 5 kids and I was beginning to give up. BUT,
    I signed up and trained for a 5k. I used to smoke and I hated running, but I thought a goal would help. My husband trained with me and we chipped off street light at a time and sure enough, in 10 weeks I did it! I ran it really slow and an old lady almost walked faster than me...but who cares.
    I ate 1500/1600 cals a day and used myfitnesspal. I am at a year and a half now and have lose 61 pounds and I love to run. I've done tons of races since then and ran 2 half marathons and now I'm training for a full marathon.

I know it sounds lofty, but at 250lbs, everyone said I couldn't do it. I DID! It's what worked for me.....

It's never too late... Good Luck.
  • Balfour35
    Balfour35 Posts: 13
    Options
    You can do it:smile: ....I have about the same amount to lose too. There are some days that it seems impossible but we all just need to stay positive. WE CAN DO THIS!
  • SinéadN7803758
    Options
    This is a great place for support!

Good luck! :-)
  • RHunter37
    RHunter37 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Kristina,

I am 48 and I know exactly how you feel. My reality check came when I saw my 48th birthday pics. I decided it was time to do something. I had 109 lbs to lose. With the help of a great trainer who became my friend I have lost 20 lbs and counting. I can see the difference in my clothes and the way I feel about myself. Hang in there it will be worth it. If you ever need to talk I will be here for you.

Rachel:smile:
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi.. feel free to add me.. I am willing to support you however I can!

I do have an observation that I'd like to share though... If you are really dedicated to doing this and you have "friends" here that support you, it is imperative to have your Food Diary open so we can look at the stuff you eat (providing you log everything you put into your mouth), and be able to guide as the case may be. At least, this is something I'd like for my friends to do for me... if they look into my daily food intake and see something that I may be having that might not be good for me, I'd sure like them to tell me!

Have a great day and let's do this together!!
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You betcha I've been there! I know exactly how you feel... I thought all the photos were just bad ones. By the way, it's seems like a huge amount of work in front of you... but really it's not as bad as you'd think, if you can just get through the first six weeks of breaking habits. Now I only have about 20 pounds to go, so I feel great. I'm nobody special... in fact I've lost and gained a million times and was never able to lose more than 30 pounds or so, until I found MFP. You're in the right place. Good luck to you! Let me know if I can help. :-)
  • Kappyoc
    Kappyoc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You are only attempting it for the 100th time??? Heck...I'm trying it again for the 500th time. I'm finding that keeping the food log up is very important just to see where the calories are and kind of keeping track. I've set a small goal of 50 lbs and them hopefully, another 30. So come on and enjoy all the support and receipe ideas you need. Add me as a friend and maybe we can keep each other on track or help when we fall off track. :happy: