Breastfeeding/ weight loss after weaning

Options
My 22month old daughter just weaned herself about 2 weeks ago. I haven't been able to lose a since pound despite a healthy diet and working out while nursing. I'm hoping it will finally come off. If you were someone who didn't lose while nursing but did once you stopped..how long did it take?

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating a day? Even "healthy eating" doesn't mean you're eating at a deficit.
  • Hil12188
    Hil12188 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    3 small meals a day. All organic veggies, little fruit and organic grass fed hormone free meat on occasion. I recently cut out dairy, grains and gluten since I'm not nursing I'm not as hungry.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Hil12188 wrote: »
    3 small meals a day. All organic veggies, little fruit and organic grass fed hormone free meat on occasion. I recently cut out dairy, grains and gluten since I'm not nursing I'm not as hungry.

Organic doesn't = weight loss. Eating at a deficit does. These 2 threads may help you.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/113609/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner/p1

z1oryvths7n9.jpg

• Hil12188
    Options
    thank you! I think I should see a doctor and get my thyroid checked.
  • FitMomOK
    FitMomOK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I lost some while nursing but there were prob 10 extra lbs each time that stuck like glue. after weaning i did find it much easier to lose that weight. i do not remember how long it took though, just that some seemed to disappear on it's own. i'd guess if you're eating at a deficit and exercising maybe a couple months if it was about 10-15 lbs? i did find strength training helped the most.

are you logging, eating at a deficit and strength training a few times a week?
    how much do you have to lose?
  • Hil12188
    Options
    I would like to lose at least 20.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    2-3 months, 8-10 lbs. I was hungry a lot. Logged food stayed in a deficit. Prior to logging I didn't lose anything with weaning. Full time job, two kids, sleep deprivation and that rant too any extra handfuls of goldfish crackers and half-finished yogurts for me to meet my weight loss goal.
  • serenityjohnson22
    serenityjohnson22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I breast fed for two years, I weaned my two year old two days after his second birthday. I did lose the 10-15lbs two-three weeks after weaning, I however regained the weight as I was 22 weeks pregnant at the time. I am now 7 weeks post partum and lose 26lbs of my pregnancy weight and additional 7lbs. I am ebf as well as pumping. I just started the insanity workout plan two days ago so I am hoping to tone and possibly lose weight. My calorie intake is at least 1800 calories calories and a gallon and a half of water a day.