Protein and fat help, please!

Options
I seem to be having a hard time reaching the values set for protein and fat. I eat well, I'm full, and always under calories (which I honestly don't pay much attention to), but I can't seem to get any more than halfway to those marked values. Any advice on what foods to add to get these values up?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Meat or full-fat dairy.
  • fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Fat is usually easy - nuts, nut-butters, avocado, oils, butter... =0)

For protein - try little changes like milk with extra protein added, high protein bread, quinoa instead of rice, some protein powder in your coffee for a mocha-like drink...
  • LaurenNotLaura
    LaurenNotLaura Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    fitcrt wrote: »

For protein - try little changes like milk with extra protein added, high protein bread, quinoa instead of rice, some protein powder in your coffee for a mocha-like drink...

Can you recommend a good tasting protein powder? I bought it once and thought it was horrible!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    laursim1 wrote: »

Can you recommend a good tasting protein powder? I bought it once and thought it was horrible!

Quest do a yummy chocolate protein powder, as does optimum nutrition.

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Nuts. Refried beans. Cheese omelet w/ bacon
  • LaurenNotLaura
    LaurenNotLaura Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it!
  • GreenTeaPotato
    GreenTeaPotato Posts: 40 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Nuts (almonds, walnuts) for both fat and protein. Beans and legumes (chickpeas, lentils, peas, etc.) for protein. A little of these foods go a long way to meet those needs. With the added benefit of fiber (which oil, meat and cheese do not have).
  • Chasey831
    Chasey831 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    P28 White Chocolate Peanut Butter. /end discussion
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind those values are just a guideline. There are lots of schools of thought about what is actually appropriate. And I agree with most of the recommendations above.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    laursim1 wrote: »

I like syntha-6. I could not find any other powder that doesn't taste either too sweet or too bitter.