2»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    What's done, is done. Start again.

Or don't.

Up to you.

What you cannot do, though, is "make up for it".
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    What's done, is done. Start again.

Or don't.

Up to you.

What you cannot do, though, is "make up for it".

Well, it depends....if you only go over the weekly goal by a few hundred, I assure you, you CAN make up for it by simply creating a larger deficit over the next few days. I go over on the weekend and save about 100 calories each week day, give or take.

If we're talking about 1000s of calories over goal, probably not gonna happen. That's why it's important to take the emotion out and analyze the numbers.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    The starting premise was "It has not been a good week for me". That generally means considerably more than "a few hundred" excess calories for the week.
  • 218Beth
    218Beth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm having one of those days right now. The last 2 days I had calories to spare. Today, not so much. Tomorrow might not be good either. But if it's bad, like others said, I just pick up and move back to being more watchful/mindful/better. It took me time to gain the weight, it's going to take time to lose it.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Make up for it the next week. Nothing done which cannot be undone.

The key is your awareness. Log it and move one.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I had a tough week last week or so I thought. I have had to eliminate my cardio workouts and I just couldn't seem to control the hunger. Several days I was in the red by a few hundred calories, image my surprise when the scale was down 2 lbs. Either way, I have adjusted my loss per week goal to manage my hunger until I can go back to full workout. The worst thing to do is to say, "I am over so I may as well go on a big binge." Cowgirl Up!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    All you can do is do better starting today.

This.

One day at a time.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    The starting premise was "It has not been a good week for me". That generally means considerably more than "a few hundred" excess calories for the week.

Maybe for you, but that is not necessarily true for anyone or everyone else. It can mean many things.
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am in a war with myself at pms/period time. I feel that all I can think about is yummy foods in giant portions. I have dreams about garlic veggie pizza and nachos and spaghetti, and general deliciousness during, lol. On top of feeling unnecessarily hungry, I also lack energy and motivation to workout! Like someone else said, allowing myself to eat at maintenance has made a world of difference. It really fixed my problem at cycle time all together. Don't let the one week get you discouraged, just pick back up again and try maintenance calories for next time, it might just work for you too :) good luck :)