Ugh!

Options
I've been doing this for a little over a week, watching and journaling my food and going to the gym, and it already feels like a losing battle. I've only had one day where I was under my allotted calories for the day. Of course I am not going to quit, but man, is this just a beginning hurdle I have to get over?? The only way I can weigh myself is when I go to the doctor's, so I guess that makes it a little harder too because I don't know if I've lost anything yet.
Ok, I had to vent. Thank you!

Replies

• dangerkitty2001
    Options
    I've been doing this for a little over a week, watching and journaling my food and going to the gym, and it already feels like a losing battle. I've only had one day where I was under my allotted calories for the day. Of course I am not going to quit, but man, is this just a beginning hurdle I have to get over?? The only way I can weigh myself is when I go to the doctor's, so I guess that makes it a little harder too because I don't know if I've lost anything yet.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    All I can tell you is that MFP DOES work, and if you check out the message boards, you'll see that.
    It's always great motivation to look at the before and after pics in members profiles who have lost quite a bit of weight. Maybe that, and reading the boards will help you get more incentive. Have you ever seen fitness chic's profile? She's lost 198 pounds! And Tam has lost like 130!
    If you're over on your numbers, look at why that is, and correct it with lower cal, fat, etc. foods.
    I know in my own case, I changed my breakfast to mainly oatmeal with blueberries, and a lot of my lunches to salad with fat free cheese and Wish Bone Rasberry Bliss Spritzer, and those things allow me to have a nice meat and potatoes type of dinner.
    Also, if you exercise, your numbers will go up, which will allow for some snacks during the day, which in my own case are usually an apple, Special K Bar, Fiber One bar, and or Edy's slow churned, no sugar added icecream, which is sooooooooooo good, and no different tasting than the "real thing"!
    Good luck, I hope you can find something, or someone's profile and messages to help you out.
    It CAN be done, it REALLY CAN! :smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Oops, I forgot to mention that maybe you could pick up a fairly cheap scale, or know a family member or friend who would let you borrow theirs. I've even seen a thread on here where they suggested going to your local hospital and explaining to them what you're doing, and that you'd like to weigh in once a week. They felt the hospital wouldn't have a problem with that.
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    DangerKitty why dont you use a measuring tape each week? I do both and I noticed that if the scale isnt moving, and the inches are going down I know its still working for me and really keeps me motivated..

You can pick up a measuring tape anywhere!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Especially since I saw that you're a fashion design student! Pick up that measuring tape! You might just be surprised! Hang in there & give it your best. Even if you don't start seeing results right away, I guarnatee that you'll start feeling better. Keep posting on the boards & someone will always be around to give you support or lend an ear or give advice. :flowerforyou: Good luck!