Please help me to keep going

Options
HI
I'm Sarah and 38,uk. I've approx. 7 stone to lose but I'm struggling to achieve this at the moment due to an under active thyroid. I have lost my mojo for a while and I'm trying to get it back. I'm looking for friends to have fun with and enjoy this journey again. Feel free to add me and I'll will help as much as I can . We can do this :)

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • jasmineconroy
    jasmineconroy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in need of some support and motivation too :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I've approx. 7 stone to lose but I'm struggling to achieve this at the moment due to an underactive thyroid.

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease). I lost the weight (and have kept it off) by learning to log everything I eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging works.

I followed the advice in the Sexypants post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Try not to get into the mindset of putting it on the thyroid. Focus on calorific deficit. Dont beat up on yourself and be patient, si if you need a break go to maintenance and ry and relax. Its a long journey which will happen at various speeds. A break and as you say some new friends may be enough to get you back, but progress, exercise you cna enjoy and an easy to follow plan are all ways that can make you more effective. Just keep repeating to yourself its not if, but when and you will get there.
  • steffirae76
    steffirae76 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You all are more than welcome to add me...I stay active on here faithfully! I have been on this journey for over ten years now..losing and gaining numerous times. My highest was 302 and now I am at 210, with more to lose. I just recently starting a new journey , NOT a diet but a healthy lifestyle and have lost 53lbs since March 2015.