Lost myself once my dad passed. Back on it again.

Options
Hellllllooo MFP family. I've been on this App for awhile and have reach my goal before. Sadly my father passed away from fighting a rare Cancer. After seeing this healthy kind man pass I felt as if I'm living a life with no reason, just the same outcome with sorrow at the end. I use to be a monster when it came to the gym and weight lose but Ive just lost the passion. Being in Fashion I pretty much went from being able to wear all my clothes to now buying big tees and shorts just so I can have something fit.

I've had passion and dreams and sadly I just said F it once my father passed. But good news is I'm feeling a bit better and finally want to get back to myself. I want to dedicate this journey to myself, my father, to you guys, and anyone whose ever felt lost. I hope and plan to succeed and would love friends who wanna join the journey.

So I'm hoping in a few months I can look back at this and remember where I started.

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Remember your father's kindness, and be kind to yourself, too. I'm sorry for your loss.
  • lejoie
    lejoie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    We have your back! So sorry for the loss of your father. Losing people you love makes every other battle we face seem trivial, but now it's time to fight for you. You can do it and I'm excited to see you at the end!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Losing motivation for some things can be a natural part of the grieving process. I've had to put my journey on hold at times while I've dealt with some intensly painful personal issues, which left me without the emotional and mental energy to focus on weight loss.
  • suejabin2014
    suejabin2014 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Good luck on your journey, you got this!
  • TriciaSmith2015
    TriciaSmith2015 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss! May you continue to heal emotionally and physically.
  • TheFred61
    TheFred61 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My deepest condolences to you. I do understand your heartbreak. I'm glad you decided to make yourself matter. That's what your father would want.
  • hellokhaled
    hellokhaled Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support, it really means a lot. I got my Fitbit charged and ready for tomorrow morning
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your father. Glad to hear you're back at working towards your goals -- just take one day at a time; you can do it!