Which Fitbit to buy?

Options
i had a fitbit last year and stopped wearing it because the battery died so quickly and I also didn't want to wear a wrist band every day. But I see so many people on MFP are motivated and move more because of having one. I want to try it again. Which Fitbit do you have and why? Do any of you have the clip on? Is it worth it to get the new Surge or Charge versions? Also which has the best battery in your experience? Thanks!

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I suggest getting Fitbit One. It's discreet. You snap it on your bra and totally forget about it until it' time to take a shower, and recharges once a week 0-full in less than 2 hours. I would have recommended Zip since it's my favorite, but it has one major flow: the battery is replaceable which means you have to buy a replacement every couple of months, and it's not the kind commonly found around the corner (at least not in my case).
  • Elisabuffy19
    Elisabuffy19 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I suggest getting Fitbit One. It's discreet. You snap it on your bra and totally forget about it until it' time to take a shower, and recharges once a week 0-full in less than 2 hours. I would have recommended Zip since it's my favorite, but it has one major flow: the battery is replaceable which means you have to buy a replacement every couple of months, and it's not the kind commonly found around the corner (at least not in my case).

Thank you! I was thinking the clip on might be the answer. :)
  • HankD50
    HankD50 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I wear the surgre and love it. It is a bit bulky so it may not be for everyone. If you don't need all the bells and whistles (I do cuz I'm a big nerd), I'd recommend the Charge HR. IMO the heart rate monitor is huge. My trainer absolutely loves her Charege HR. Good luck!!!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I have the charge hr.... I like it, is fun to see all the stats and the challenges are fun to do. I like checking my heart rate when out wogging, it pushes me to go faster.
    The wrist band does not bother me, I don't even realize it is there, but that is a personal preference so you may like the clip on better.
    Depends on the information you want to look at also.
    I would guess I charge mine every 3-4 days or so.... doesn't take long to charge but never timed it. (maybe 2 hours).
    I wouldn't say they are completely accurate or necessary but as I said, They Are Fun, and Motivational.
  • HankD50
    HankD50 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    HankD50 wrote: »
    I wear the surgre and love it. It is a bit bulky so it may not be for everyone. If you don't need all the bells and whistles (I do cuz I'm a big nerd), I'd recommend the Charge HR. IMO the heart rate monitor is huge. My trainer absolutely loves her Charege HR. Good luck!!!

Oh yeah.... I just put mine on the charger when I shower and I never have an issue battery life.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I've tried the charge, and it's too fiddly in my opinion. You need to position it just right to measure heart rate accurately and have it slightly tightened against your wrist sweating against the plastic, which is a nightmare in hot weather, not to mention it doesn't really add much to the accuracy of the results, since non steady state cardio and things like weight lifting don't measure well by heart rate. I still believe paying an extra $100 isn't worth it.
  • Elisabuffy19
    Elisabuffy19 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I just ordered the clip on. Let me know if anyone wants to be Fitbit buddies!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I just ordered the clip on. Let me know if anyone wants to be Fitbit buddies!

You can find friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • kurtinap
    kurtinap Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a Fit Bit One and accidentally left it on my bra in the washing machine. It still works! I love it because it's discreet.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out the Garmin products?

I have the Vivoactive, and it is a great device.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I got the Fitbit Charge HR and I love it, the calorie counting, sleep recording (I do struggle with my sleep at times) flight of stairs recording and the heart rate monitoring sold it to me. I did look at a lot of different ones before settling on the Fitbit Charge HR. I also love the silent alarm, which means I am not waking up my partner when I need to get up earlier than he does. Which Fitbit is best depends on what functionality you need and will use.
  • shells0715
    shells0715 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Which clip on Fitbit did you get? Are you liking it? I ask as I'm trying to decide between the zip and the one. Thanks :)

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex. I get enough information from it because I mostly do step based exercising and the one thing that isn't (swimming) I log. There is n o need for the extra expense for a HRM version. I chose that one over the One because 1) it is water resistant and I can wear it in the pool when doing my water aerobics, and 2) I am absent minded enough that I am likely to forget to clip it onto my clothes. Wearing the band (and I have a bunch of different colors to match my clothing) 24/7 means I get the best info.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I have the Flex. I get enough information from it because I mostly do step based exercising and the one thing that isn't (swimming) I log. There is n o need for the extra expense for a HRM version. I chose that one over the One because 1) it is water resistant and I can wear it in the pool when doing my water aerobics, and 2) I am absent minded enough that I am likely to forget to clip it onto my clothes. Wearing the band (and I have a bunch of different colors to match my clothing) 24/7 means I get the best info.

I chose the extra $20 expense of the HRM on the Charge because I missed having that information since my running watch died. It's not THAT much more, and I do appreciate the data. YMMV.

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I chose the extra $20 expense of the HRM on the Charge because I missed having that information since my running watch died. It's not THAT much more, and I do appreciate the data. YMMV.

Also, the Charge HR has a secure buckle, rather than the Charge's clasp. Even if you think you don't need a heart rate monitor, it's totally worth the extra US$20.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I currently have the One, battery charge lasts 2 weeks! :smile: love my Fitbit.
    Had the Flex before that and hubby has Charge...I want a Charge HR ..maybe for Christmas :smiley:
  • shells0715
    shells0715 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My husband surprised me with the One :). Will start testing it out fully tomorrow in a weekend warrior challenge I was invited to on the Fitbit app :)