Just Joined - Menifee, CA

Options
Just joined MFP today based on a couple of co-workers discussing this website and how it has helped them. I think the hardest part will be to remember to record everything I eat. I love to snack. Any tips on how to avoid excessive snacking?:blushing:

Replies

• bluellies
    bluellies Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The way I avoid snacking is to buy snacks that I don't like. The wrong chips, the wrong kind of ice cream, icky candy...that way the family can still have it on occasion, but I'm out of luck. Water also helps, as well as staying as busy as you can the first week or two.

GL on your journey!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    welcome. focus on choosing the right snacks and you'll be full longer and won't need to snack as often. plus, drink lots of water!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me, I'm your "neighbor" so to speak, I'm in Temecula. It's hard to cut back all the snacking but you can snack almost as much as you want if you make them low cal healthy snacks such as carrot sticks or brocolli. Eating foods higher in protein and fiber will also help you stay fuller longer. GOOD LUCK!
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    the tip is try to snack on fruits or vegetables to crave your hunger. nice to have u on fitness pal; welcome; it will help keep your food intake and help u to see what foods you are consuming on your diet. So welcome. rita
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! I found that what worked best for me was to plan ahead and also buying a huge box of snack sized zip loc bags to keep portion controlled snacks in was a huge help. Once it becomes a habit its much easier.
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I love to encourage and motivate people :smile:
  • mrsmontellano
    mrsmontellano Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm out in Riverside, so we're close!
    I find that drinking water, and lots of it (8+ cups) curbs ALOT of my hunger between meals. Also, bananas, apples, and other easily eaten fruits helps too (I work 9-5 during the day, prime snacking time).
  • CharityLynn
    Options
    Thank you all. Great tips.