Starting a weightloss journey....looking for some encouraging fellow travelers!

melanielyons
melanielyons Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hi!
My name is Melanie. I am a 48-year-old science teacher in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
Over the past two years, I have put on about 40 extra pounds. My highest weight ever (including pregnancy) was 210 pounds recorded this summer. Ideally, I would like to get down to 150-60. Not sure if that's possible.
I am looking for friends to encourage, motivate and share in their journey. I would love to share recipes, exercise tips ....anything that will help me stay the course until I reach my goal and beyond.

Replies

• lynngut2
    lynngut2 Posts: 6 Member
    Good morning Melanie. My name is Lynn, I live on the central coast of California. I visit Chicago often, my son lives in Roscoe I'll. I would like to lose 60lbs. Keeping track of my daily calorie & nutrition goals is key for me. I recently purchased a Fitbit that tracks my steps. It has motivated me to challenge myself each day to move more than I did yesterday. It will take me a while to reach 10,000 steps but it helps me to keep pushing forward. I look forward to sharing our successes.
  • garydeinert
    garydeinert Posts: 106 Member
    Two things: 1) Get new friends, it really helps (feel free to add me). 2) Check out the group challenges in the "Community" section and get in on at least one. They are really motivational; you're not beating other people as much as you are striving for team successes. There's normally at least one starting every month or so, based on some theme (which really doesn't matter). Enjoy!!