Polar FT4 or Polar FT7 HRM Watch - Wear it in water?

Hello:

For those of you who have/use either the Polar FT4 or FT7 HRM Watch, do you wear it in the water? For instance, to swim? If so, is it accurate?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Mine is coming any day and I don't want to blow it jumping into the pool. Water-resistant and waterproof are two different things.

Thanks in advance!

Dee :flowerforyou:

Replies

• RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    I have an FT4 and I do wear it while lap swimming with no problem. The HRM stays in place and it continues to function as well as for "dry land" workouts.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    FT7 says it can be used up to 30m... I haven't been in the water with it yet but will be in June..
  • juliana0813
    juliana0813 Posts: 49
    I emailed Polar and they said i can wear my FT7 in water :-)
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    I use a Polar FT4 for lap swimming 5 times a week, and have for the past 4 months. No issues at all. Love it.
  • mellenorris
    mellenorris Posts: 99 Member
    Bump - gonna be living in a hotel with a pool for the next three months, I'd love to use my FT4 :)
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    I have a ft60 that I wear while lap swimming and have never had an issue.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Huh? I have a FT4 and it was never reliable in the pool, and all I do is tread water (I like that better than laps)........The watch wouldn't pick up the heart rate and if it did it would jump all over the place.. I'm sad that others with FT4's are working. :huh:
  • Mermaidatheart_16
    Mermaidatheart_16 Posts: 2 Member
    I emailed Polar and asked as it does say water resistant NOT waterproof and they are two different things but they did in fact say that you can wear while swimming but I personally DO NOT feel it is accurate. My watch could just be acting up as it has been saying limit found randomly.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    You can wear the Polar HRM in the water if you don't touch the buttons on the watch. That's what the instructions say. And that's been my experience. I wear it in the water about three times a week. I also have a rubberized chest strap because some of the pools are salt water and the regular ones can get corrodedl