Orange Theory

Options
This may have been discussed previously but I just started Orange Theory. I can't get the HRM to work correctly so I have no idea really how many calories I'm burning. Anyone familiar?

Replies

• pieces_of_meg
    pieces_of_meg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started recently too (a new studio opened in my area). I haven't had any problems with the hrm (I purchased mine), but I've noticed others in my classes have had problems. What works for me (and is the most comfortable for the whole class) is making sure the pod is directly over my sternum. I also make sure the pod and strap are under my bra, so my bra holds it in place and I don't have to mess with it during the class.
  • cherub14
    cherub14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I took my first Orange Theory class yesterday. I placed the strap and monitor under my sports bra. I feel as though it was working accurately in that spot. I felt bad for the guy who had to handle the strap when I was finished lol... It was gross...
  • sheddingmyfatsuit
    sheddingmyfatsuit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Make sure the monitor is right side up. If it's upside down it won't work properly.
  • vbeauchane
    vbeauchane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Spray the strap with water before you put it on.
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Make sure it's snug right under your bra at the bottom. A little more snug than the bra but not tight.
  • AnAmericanGirl2
    AnAmericanGirl2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bell33usx2 wrote: »
    This may have been discussed previously but I just started Orange Theory. I can't get the HRM to work correctly so I have no idea really how many calories I'm burning. Anyone familiar?

I'm having the same problem. My very first class I earned 20 splat points, 11 orange and 9 red. Since then I'm lucky if I get 5 orange, and I never get red. And I'm running at an 8.0 on the treadmill! I'm literally gasping for air. I've changed out my snap, my HRM, to no avail. Instructor suggested upping the incline/intensity. I'm going back tomorrow after a short hiatus, maybe I've reset myself! lol