Would like to lose 50 lbs over the next year

Options
I finally got a smart phone at the end of June and opened the MyFitnessPal app on July 1st. After tracking my food intake everyday for a month (I eat way too much salt and not enough protein) I wanted to also more accurately track my activity. Last Tuesday I bought a Garmin VivoFit2 activity tracker and started monitoring my steps and sleep. MyFitnessPal and the Garmin Connect app work together seamlessly. I think between logging my food, getting at least 10,000 steps in a day, and going to bed on time every night, I may be on my way to a goal of losing 50 pounds, feeling healthier, and being well rested. My starting weight is 280 and my goal weight is 230. I'm a 6'2" 55 year old male who used to work out :-) Wish me luck. ErnestR, August 8, 2015.

Replies

• suejabin2014
    suejabin2014 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • jakimcd
    jakimcd Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too. good luck to both off us.
  • jakimcd
    jakimcd Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Of*
  • mirandagirl2
    mirandagirl2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Best of luck to you in your journey ☺
  • niceslimerme
    niceslimerme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I finally got a smart phone at the end of June and opened the MyFitnessPal app on July 1st. After tracking my food intake everyday for a month (I eat way too much salt and not enough protein) I wanted to also more accurately track my activity. Last Tuesday I bought a Garmin VivoFit2 activity tracker and started monitoring my steps and sleep. MyFitnessPal and the Garmin Connect app work together seamlessly. I think between logging my food, getting at least 10,000 steps in a day, and going to bed on time every night, I may be on my way to a goal of losing 50 pounds, feeling healthier, and being well rested. My starting weight is 280 and my goal weight is 230. I'm a 6'2" 55 year old male who used to work out :-) Wish me luck. ErnestR, August 8, 2015.

Wish you well Ernest don't give up as the end result will be great x
  • bartender2015
    bartender2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone. Also new and want to lose 60 lbs. Lost 16 already. So off to a good start. Love the app it makes it easier to keep track of diet n exercise goals. I find myself looking for more ways to add activity. I do it for a challenge. Please feel free to add me has a friend
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the additional motivation. Other than walking (I got some swimming in a couple of weeks ago) I haven't gotten back into the gym or on my bike - yet! I'm determined to do both. Good luck to you too. Ernie