Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tips for beginners

Sherry97
Sherry97 Posts: 6 Member
I joined in Aug 2012 but didn't really "get into it" and start using on a regular basis. What are some tips for getting starting and using as a tool to help get fit?

Replies

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Take one day at a time. Maybe start off just logging everything you eat for a week. Don't worry about the calories or what it is, just log. Then the next week you could try to stay within your calories. Then the following week add in some exercise. Don't try to master everything at once or you will set yourself up for failure. You will have set backs, just take a breath and pick up where you left off. And be kind to yourself, people tend to be much harder on themselves than they would ever be on another person. :)
  • Sherry97
    Sherry97 Posts: 6 Member
    I've never been one of "those people" who can give up everything cold turkey. I'm definitely going to have to take baby steps. Thanks!