New to Diabetes

Options
hi everyone. I'm a old member getting back to it. Mainly because I now have diabetes and I'm determined to manage through diet. I am disabled with bad back and leg. But I can walk and move. So that's what I'm up to. Friends are always a bonus to help share ideas.

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like I am a type 2 diabetic for the past 13 years.
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I would love to help you :)
  • Cbaker5156
    Cbaker5156 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like I am a type 2 diabetic for the past 13 years.

Thanks. I sent you a friend request. I'm just getting the hang of this blood sugar thing. Lol
  • Vickijw61
    Vickijw61 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed a few weeks ago and would like to have a few friends that are going through the same struggles.
  • Cbaker5156
    Options
    Awesome. Welcome.
  • rhonda71901
    rhonda71901 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cbaker5156 wrote: »
    hi everyone. I'm a old member getting back to it. Mainly because I now have diabetes and I'm determined to manage through diet. I am disabled with bad back and leg. But I can walk and move. So that's what I'm up to. Friends are always a bonus to help share ideas.

I am diabetic but recently became ill, I am getting better every day and will be back to work soon thank goodness. During my illness ( 5 hospitalizations over 9 weeks for a 3 day procedure for a kidney staghorn calculus) I lost almost 50 lbs. I am down to 62 lbs via diet only and completely of any diabetic medication. My point is, it can be done, even if I started losing the wrong way. I hope to start walking soon, esp when it is cooler!!
  • Cbaker5156
    Options
    That's awesome. I hope you continue to improve.
  • themadteapot
    themadteapot Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My Dad's a diabetic and it's been a pita for him, I cook dinners for my family and I'm always trying to find good meals for him. I'll add you and hopefully we can share ideas (:
  • Sharonimo99
    Sharonimo99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just sent you a friend request as I am also a Type 2 diabetic (diet controlled, no meds).
  • Cbaker5156
    Options
    Thanks yall.