Calling All 40 Somethings!!!!

Options
I'm 47 now and I'm noticing more and more that I just can't eat and exercise like I used to. I have to be careful when I exercise because I injure more easily. Also - for example, if I splurge on Thanksgiving, it doesn't just fall off during regular weight management over the next week like it used to. It sometimes stays forever!!! Any tricks you've used over the years to adjust to your changing body and metabolism?

Replies

• Sharonimo99
    Sharonimo99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna. I don't know any tricks. There are none (sorry!!) .....but I am also 47 and would like to join you on your journey. :)
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi! No tricks either. Have you had your thyroid checked? That can cause weight gain as well as make it hard to lose it. I am 42 and got diagnosed with hypothyroid in 2003.
  • donnace7
    donnace7 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    mom2pne wrote: »
    Hi! No tricks either. Have you had your thyroid checked? That can cause weight gain as well as make it hard to lose it. I am 42 and got diagnosed with hypothyroid in 2003.

Yes, my thyroid has been checked. I'm starting to think the proper diagnosis would be 'denial' :wink:
  • msaannis
    msaannis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna,
    I'm 48 and have started noticing the same thing the past few years. It's definitely more of a challenge to lose or maintain. That's why I'm back on myfitnesspal and use my Fitbit. It help me so much to be held Accountable and support each other in meeting our goals.
    Susan