cant get back to it

Options
i did really good this last year. iv lost about 25 pounds but iv lost my motivation and will ower to stick to a diet. i really want to get in my routine again of running in the morning and sticking to my diet but seeing the people in my house eating baked beans and spaghetti is wearing me down ... and then i give in and feel really bad after ... i cn do good all week and then when friday night hits and i eat a roll or something it is just a down hill spiral ... next iv diving into the ice cream and cookies ... i want to stop but i always give in eventually. i keep saying il start again monday and by that weeking im eating icecream ah its so frustrating !

Replies

• erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I still eat those things and lose weight. It's all about moderation
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    i did really good this last year. iv lost about 25 pounds but iv lost my motivation and will ower to stick to a diet. i really want to get in my routine again of running in the morning and sticking to my diet but seeing the people in my house eating baked beans and spaghetti is wearing me down ... and then i give in and feel really bad after ... i cn do good all week and then when friday night hits and i eat a roll or something it is just a down hill spiral ... next iv diving into the ice cream and cookies ... i want to stop but i always give in eventually. i keep saying il start again monday and by that weeking im eating icecream ah its so frustrating !

YUK
    That diet sounds miserable. I;d fail too.
    How about giving MFP a try? I lost 100 pounds and kept it off 3 years now.

Check out how this works. GOOD LUCK! :)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177907/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

• mommyof4ne
    mommyof4ne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wasn't eating so good when I first started MFP. But then I made a commitment to put down in my food diary everything that I ate. It took a couple of weeks of looking over my food diary but I eventually began slowing down my intake.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    The truth is if you REALLY want this to happen, you do what it takes to get it done. If I told you I'd pay you a million dollars to lose 25lbs in 5 months, you'd probably have no problem doing it. Now you just have to apply that commitment without the million dollars.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options

If you're going to last long term you've got to find a way to have some treats without going overboard. Maybe you could stick to you weight loss limit Monday to Friday then on Saturday and Sunday still log everything but eat at maintainance. Then you get to have treats and still lose weight even if it's a bit slower because of the weekends.