I don't have any friends (on fitness pal) - meeer :(

Options
Hi everyone,

Out of a list of 900 on Facebook, most of whom, with the greatest of respect, post a load of drivel I only have 15 friends signed to this site. I'd love to meet some new Fitness pals to keep me on track with my goals. In short, I'm a dad of two (29) married who is looking to (and this might sound dramatic) save my own life. I am overweight and need to lose around 3-4 stone. Last year I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, high cholesterol and an under-active thyroid. Despite this, I haven't taken time off work and continue to plough on. I have to make a change or I fear my health is going to steadily decline, and I have far too much to live for, in particular two gorgeous little red heads who adore me. If you are a half decent human being who simply wants to get on, receive and give support, then please add me. For my part I promise to update my stats religiously (good or bad) and offer what I can as I move through my experience.

Peace, love and all that shizell,

Kieran

Replies

• Blueswirly
    Blueswirly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Kieran!

I find it's very helpful to have motivational friends on MFP! Sending you a FR.
  • kyoung1111
    kyoung1111 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you - appreciate it and I have accepted :)
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    i'm sending one too
  • lejoie
    lejoie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    KIERAN! You are awesome and welcome to MFP. You've come to the right place to start your wellness journey. :) we are all equal here as we all want the same thing. Add me if you'd like a friend and motivator... and welcome!
  • Cup_
    Cup_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Kieran! I'm Danell. Would love to give support!!
  • kyoung1111
    Options
    I must confess, earlier, I thought my little post was doomed to fall into the abyss - but alas, some lovely folk have come forward (mostly from the U.S) - I knew you folk were a friendly bunch :) Thanks for taking the time to look at my message.
  • jellybeans13
    jellybeans13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a similar illness to CFS which gives me pain and fatigue, and live in the UK too - have sent you a FR :)
  • kyoung1111
    Options
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friendship request, in the UK too
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request from the US.
  • hbaer88
    hbaer88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request from TX.
  • usedtobee
    usedtobee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sending you FR from UK
  • Bellamo69
    Bellamo69 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    me too.... SFR from Missouri
  • mirandagirl2
    mirandagirl2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Best of luck to you in your journey ☺ Feel free to add
  • musthavescentscanada
    Options
    Would you like a Canadian buddy? (We're like, a distant relative, technically)
    :)
    #redheadsrock
    Rooting for you, Dad!
    Cheers, Rach
  • CorrieLA
    CorrieLA Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian too!! Sent some friend requests. :) Hope that's okay!
  • BrianMGlen
    BrianMGlen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi