New to this.. Failed 1st day! Such a loser haha

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Beth and started using this app as I'm still trying to shift my Christmas weight!! I know, shocking! Anyway.. I started yesterday and failed miserably, mainly because my fridge is full of left over party food (4 party's in my house in the last 4 weeks ~ deathly) so I kind of struggled to curb the urge of covering it in hot sauce and happily munching away. Today, however, I've found a new positive attitude and done well so far. I'm determined to do this. Have a stone to lose and then I'll be back in my size 10's hopefully.. 1 and a half stone will get me comfortably in them :) so yeah.. Any advice, inspiration etc is greatly welcomed ✌

Replies

• richaldir
    richaldir Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Great to have you along on this journey!
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Beth and started using this app as I'm still trying to shift my Christmas weight!! I know, shocking! Anyway.. I started yesterday and failed miserably, mainly because my fridge is full of left over party food (4 party's in my house in the last 4 weeks ~ deathly) so I kind of struggled to curb the urge of covering it in hot sauce and happily munching away. Today, however, I've found a new positive attitude and done well so far. I'm determined to do this. Have a stone to lose and then I'll be back in my size 10's hopefully.. 1 and a half stone will get me comfortably in them :) so yeah.. Any advice, inspiration etc is greatly welcomed ✌
    There is no such thing as a 1 day failure... :)

We all lose our way - especially at first.
    The road of success is paved with the stones of failure.
    NEVER GIVE UP!

• LessofPenny
    LessofPenny Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of wasting food, but I am a big fan of getting rid of anything that stands in your way of getting where you want to go with this journey. If you are going to feel defeated until that food is gone. ....Pack it up and give it away. Anything that can be frozen in somewhat healthy portions....freeze. Revamp that fridge so that it gets you moving in the right direction. After I have party's, the last people around go home with left overs. Just thoughts for future parties. Every single day is a brand new set of calories to eat and burn with mfp. If you don't do as good today as you want to do tomorrow, well just be glad not to do as bad as yesterday? You have to establish all new habits. That don't happen over night. That is why so many of us call it a journey. I wish you great success.
  • lejoie
    lejoie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It's not a failure if you try again. It was a lesson!

Luckily, you can find friends on here easily, myself included, who will notice your progress and help keep you motivated! You've got this. Tell yourself you know it will be hard going into it, and it somehow makes it less challenging. :)
  • bethancoutts
    bethancoutts Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for an awesome reply and great support :D I've had a good day today and stuck to my food plan, so I'm feeling much more positive x