what is your why for being healthy?

Options

Replies

• getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    freak4iron wrote: »
    getitamb wrote: »
    I want to inspire people. I wAnt to wake up everyday with the thoughts of maybe I'm just a preschool teacher that sucks at art,lol. But I can do this. I know nutrition and I am inspired by others. And I have s passion for this. I do it so one day I can turn my yes I can, into yes I did.

@getitamb woooow cmon girl! You want to wake up every day telling yourself you're "just" this, and suck at that?... does that sound inspiring to you? Please stop defining yourself by what job you have or your weaknesses.

Focus on the good. I'm sure you're one bada$$ teacher and I bet you make a lot of kids hAppy to come to school, and you're strong enough to do this, no doubt! That sounds a little more encouraging doesn't it?

@freak4iron yes it does. I was just feeling sorry for myself that day. Thank you for the encouragement:)
  • MAnthonyEvans
    MAnthonyEvans Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have 3 boys, 2, 6 &9. They give me a run for my money literally and physically. Life is not life without them.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    When I first started it was totally about pain reduction and overall health. Now that I'm 20lbs away from goal it's about "oh yeah? let me show ya!" (That's in response to the MANY people in my life that told me at MY AGE getting in shape is impossible! !!)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't like that abstract "healthy" term and the future is a blur; I think all the "health talk" in the media has made it more difficult for me to get my *kitten* together. My motivation for eating better, being more physically active and losing/maintaining weight is tangible: it makes my body more comfortable to be in, I can move more freely, I can buy cheap and cute clothes, the cravings diminish, and I am more relaxed and happy around food. If all this also adds years to my life and makes me less prone to illness, that's great, but nothing I can relate to just now.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I am not aiming for health. I am aiming for weight loss, but health will be a by-product as I am currently overweight. I just want to look like "me", again. And, erm, that is "me" as an adult; not a 15 yr old kid (raises eyebrow).
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, because I like food. If I don't watch my weight I will be back to being pre-diabetic and having to limit my carbs - not a fun process.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Healthy to me means wellness and longevity. I want to be active and vibrant until I die.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I just want to not have a breakdown every morning when I get dressed.
  • kmajor2015
    kmajor2015 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a huge issue until this year. I'm in a relationship and I gained about 20 lbs. I just didn't feel good in clothes, didn't want to even put on makeup. I've always been the bigger girl amongst skinny or average friends, and I'm tired of being overlooked because of my weight.
  • sleepypapa
    sleepypapa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ARC1603 wrote: »
    I've just had my second baby three months ago. It was a really difficult pregnancy and I couldn't physically keep up with my eldest son who is two. I decided I didn't want to spend the rest of my life being the mum who was too fat to run around after her kids. I don't want to look perfect, I just don't ever want to feel like I did when I was pregnant and huge ever again!

I also have a two year old and a three month old. I want to be active, healthy and happy for them.
  • colleen_mairead_xo
    colleen_mairead_xo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I lost close to 60 pounds three years ago... and in the last three years I gained 50 back! I want to be as happy and healthy and confident as I was back then.
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You only live once. I'll be dammed if I'm gonna look back on my life and wonder what kind of shape I could have got into if I had just motivated myself and stopped making excuses. *kitten* that. How many people didn't wake up today? Well I did so I'm gonna make it count.
  • RoxanneTarver
    RoxanneTarver Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been the fat girl all my life. I had a hard time in middle and high school. I was bullied. People called me names. I didnt want to go to school. My only escape was food. I had a few friends but after high school we never spoke again. I went to work For 3 years and then got laid off. I havent been back to work in 5 years. I gained more and more weight. I became depressed. My anxiety got way out of control. I took anti anxiety meds every day and i wasn't prescribed them. I just finally needed a change. I went to the dr and i now have been off anxiety meds for six months. And i take prozac daily and i feel great. Now i have the motivation to make a big change in my life. I have never been more motivated than i am now. I feel like a completely different person than i did 6 months ago. I have lost 14 pounds and i have about 60 more to go. Were all gunna struggle and want to quit but i will never quit. I do not want to go back to those dark days. I am very excited to what the future holds for me. Im only 26 years old and i have a whole life ahead of me. Feel free to add me everybody!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    All three of my brothers have diabetes. I am doing everything my doctor says will help me avoid having it too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be in my 80's using a cane or walker, or being unable to unscrew a bottle cap.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Wordsworth99
    Wordsworth99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My mom was diagnosed last year with lymphoma and is currently in remission. She has made major lifestyle changes in order to do everything she can to stay healthy. I want to take better care of myself as a gift to her so she won't worry as much about me, and so that I can be a better role model for my children. With a better wardrobe. :)
  • Tama072015
    Tama072015 Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Diabetic Type 1 almost 33 years. I have 0 issues associated with my diabetes. Because of attention to diet and exercise, I may well be healthier than some of my "healthy" friends:) The 33 year war is not easy, but the rewards are endless.
  • FitForLife2015
    FitForLife2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My why is: I'm tired of being unhealthy, my daughter needs me. I also want to be a MILF.. (Just being honest)..
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    What motivates you? What keeps you persistant?
    Being healthy is the "why".
    That's a benefit money can't purchase, and even if it could, I'd never sell it.
    Health and fitness gives us a life second to none where we feel great, look our best and live well into old age.

• Scott7609
    Scott7609 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I get winded tying my shoes..