Dieting without Exercising

Options
Hey
I am on diet trying to lose weight , need to lose 100 pounds, and I can't really exercise due to a hip injury condition and I am so afraid of loose skin
Any ideas what i should do ?
Thanks

Replies

• datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    In my opinion loose skin is more genetics than anything, ive lost 70 pounds and have a medium amount of loose skin exercising like crazy. Don't let loose skin be a deterrent especially at the beginning of your journey. Once you start eating correctly and physically feeling better loose skin (if your genetics don't help much) will be a blessing compared to the changes you will have made and the way your body will feel
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Loose skin is the least of your worries. lose weight slowly, drink water, and cross your fingers with genetics. After you've lost the weight, give your skin a year maybe to fully bounce back. By then, it won't be noticible to anyone but you.

But first things first, set up a sensible calorie deficit to eat every day.
  • GypsyByTheSea
    GypsyByTheSea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Keep eating healthy and at a deficit and you will lose weight. Only you ( and your doctor) can tell you what exercise you can do - but upper body work with some hand weights would be my recommendation to start. Google upper body training and see what interests you. You definitely need to find some kind of movement for overall health. Good luck.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Loose skin either will or won't happen and there's nothing you can do about it. It's genetics. Work out, lose the weight, and accept that loose skin is better than obese.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and you'll lose. Can you swim? walk?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Exercise won't prevent loose skin. Trust me. I'm the Queen Of Loose Skin. Even the backs of my lower legs are starting to droop. And I exercise every single day.

You can lose weight without exercise. Just eat less than you burn. If there is anything you can do, though, do it. Physical therapy might be able to give you pointers, if you're seeing them, which it assume you are, if you were injured and can't move well.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    maramatoum wrote: »
    Hey
    I am on diet trying to lose weight , need to lose 100 pounds, and I can't really exercise due to a hip injury condition and I am so afraid of loose skin
    Any ideas what i should do ?
    Thanks

I assume the doctor treating you for the hip injury has referred you to a physical therapist? What has the PT said you can do?
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I see a coach for diabetes prevention. She said it is 70% what you put in your mouth and 30% exercise. So that being said, yes you can lose weight with no exercise, but exercise helps with more then just losing weight. It helps your heart and other organs. There are lots of ways to get your heart going without hurting your hips. Then there's strength training too! I understand the concerns about loose skin.. But there consequences to blowing your body up. Exercise won't change The cosmetic of your skin.. It will change the health of your insides though!