Kettlebells

Options
Hello everyone, I just bought a 15lb kettlebell to start training with. I have done the swing, windmill and figure 8 along with the Turkish get up?? All of these were hard to do in the beginning, and got easier, but how many calories do I burn if I just do the swing and squats for 30min 3x week? Tia to anyone who can help

Replies

• mhollencamp102012
    mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I do kettle bells as well.....love them...however I do not count cals burned when I use them only because its too hard to get a wrong number. So I use those cals burned as "back up calories burned" meaning if I accidently miss calculate another exercise, or log to few cals on a food I should still be safe because I didn't log my kettle bells or weights. Does that make sense? Kind of like having a savings account for an over draft...if I screw up on my numbers I know there are calories burned in that account that should cover it
  • golgoroo
    golgoroo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Depends on a lot of things. I'm 230 and female. According to my Fitbit I burn about 300 in my HIIT kettle bell workout. It's about 30 mins. Body by Amy video on YouTube. It's a tough one and I love it!
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thank you @golgoroo .. I'll be doing that workout in the AM before work tomorrow!