Heart rate monitors

Options
kekagel
kekagel Posts: 94 Member
I'm in the market for a heart rate monitor. I'd ideally like to spend around $50, but I'm overwhelmed when I look on Amazon as to which ones are good or what.

I need some recommendations, please. Thank you!

Replies

• susanbest
    susanbest Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar HRM. I love it. I got it on sale for $99+tax, but it comes with a removable strap so I can wash the strap. It even transmits my heart rate to the cardio machines at the gym, so I don't need to wear my watch when I go there. Good luck!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I have a MIO Drive. It doesn't have a chest strap so you have to check your pulse frequently. I like it.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT4 (it was £50 on amazon.co.uk). I don't know how much they are in the US. So far it seems to do everything it claims it will do.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Most of the recommendations you are going to get will be for the Polars (FT4 & FT7). However, these are in the $70-100 range. I would suggest to pony up for one of these if you are at all able.

If not, make sure that which ever one you decide on has a chest strap as this will give you the most accurate results.
  • amyradelle
    amyradelle Posts: 20
    Options
    I agree. I have a Polar as well. And loooooove it!!
  • GoodMorningGirl
    GoodMorningGirl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I also got a Polar FT4 about a month ago after reading a lot of reviews on MFP and Amazon. I am VERY pleased with it... it's easy to use and motivates me to work out more!