UK people - Greek Yogurt

Options
Working on hitting my Protein macros up, I am all good on the chicken,fish etc front but have been looking for high protein/low calorie snacks.

Forced myself to like Greek Yogurt but I find the Fage one is still quite high in calories. UK people what Greek yogurt do you recommend. I know the US people buy this brand (Dannon fit and light) that seems to be under 100cals but still high in protein.

Thanks in adcance

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Try the 0% or 2% fat Fage, then just eat less of it to reach 100kcal
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I buy Tesco Finest 0% Greek Style Yoghurt (comes in the larger 500g tubs) and it is lovely - better than the Fage ones as much creamier. I just add granulated sweetener to taste. It's great on top of British Strawberries which are at their best right now :-)
  • rigden1992c
    rigden1992c Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Danio are amazing! Really high in protein, 0% fat (if you don't have the peach one anyway) and they have a lovely fruit layer at the bottom. If not there's arla protein -(which is technically quark) but has 20g of protein per pot and are around 140 calories each :)
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You could also go for cottage cheese and pineapple. Yummy!
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    fage 0% or aldi/lidl own brands.
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like the Milbona Low Fat Greek Yogurt from Lidl. 59calories and 2g fat per 100g.
    Add a little honey and it's super.
    (1kg tubs too!)
  • getgemma
    getgemma Posts: 40 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm a fan of Fage, my friend is mad on Skyye its Swedish I think and sold in Tesco. She's pretty healthy and balanced with her diet and that's her go to.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Fage 0% fat isn't high in calories.

Though to be honest, making yourself eat something you don't really like isn't a great way of trying to make sustainable lifestyle changes, is it?
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I like the Lidl one, I add a little granulated sweetener and vanilla essence, it's yummy.

If you get the fat free ones they aren't high in calories. I like to add some quark to increase the protein and mix with sweetener and vanilla, it makes a really creamy dessert. I dollop it over strawberries.
  • usedtobee
    usedtobee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Working on hitting my Protein macros up, I am all good on the chicken,fish etc front but have been looking for high protein/low calorie snacks.

Forced myself to like Greek Yogurt but I find the Fage one is still quite high in calories. UK people what Greek yogurt do you recommend. I know the US people buy this brand (Dannon fit and light) that seems to be under 100cals but still high in protein.

Thanks in adcance

• usedtobee
    usedtobee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Total Fage 0% fat in 170g pots are 97cals and lovely snack mixed with a few nuts or raisins or even a drop of maple syrup