Does anyone know how to delete items from the 'Recent', 'My Food' and 'My Meals' lists?

Options
lambience
lambience Posts: 5 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi All,

So, I first started using myfitnesspal many moons ago. And then I stopped ... don't ask why!! Life, I guess!!

Anyhoo, since then, my food choices and preferences have seen a MASSIVE change. I decided to restart logging my daily consumption here ... and now, I find that the choices I made/saved in the past offend me lol

And I can't find how to delete them ... and so they remain ... constantly taunting and mocking me, my past food choices! I need to banish them from sight!

Can anyone give me a clue how to do this? I don't see a 'DELETE' button anywhere and I could have sworn that there used to be one.

Please Help!

Yours gratefully,
Jo

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    For me, I've noticed that the box to check to delete or move items is only visible on my desktop app. If I'm on my Android device it does not exist :-)
  • lambience
    Options
    happyfeetrebel1, I'm using my laptop and I still can't see the DELETE option *sigh*. Thanks for the heads up about the Android though.
  • Haegar62
    Haegar62 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i guess you mean the way the program show things you have eaten before to find them faster.
    Only way i have found to remove them is to go to the days you use them and remove them. Or you make a request to site to clean your old data but not sure that will happen because it is free.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Yep, life happens, which is a common reason for gaining weight. I guess life means eating more calories than you burn?
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    the old stuff falls off the other end eventually. i had the same problem when i started. you cant delete them.
  • lambience
    Options
    atypicalsmith: I guess your assumption on 'Life happens' would be true for many. In my case, I weigh less now than I did then. So, 'Life happens' just simply means that I got busy and logging calories was not a priority at the time. Thanks all the same for passing through.
  • lambience
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Haegar62 and ktekc, thanks for your insights. :)
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I don't see a way to delete anything from the "My Foods" section, but you can delete meals from the "My Meals" page. Click on one of the meals you want to remove and a green button that says "Delete Selected Meal" will appear just above the dark blue header on the nutritional table for the meal. As far as a the recent list goes, all we can do is keep logging our new choices and let the old ones get pushed further back down the line.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, you can only delete under the "frequent" tab.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    As far as I know, you can only delete under the "frequent" tab.

Only place I have ever seen the ability ( I've been on here for 8 months ). The recent list will drop items off after a while, once you stop using the entry.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    ​The Recent list is just a database query that is generated each time the Food Diary is searched and displays up to the last 100 items you, yourself, added to your Food Diary. Those food items will eventually drop off of the Recent list display after you log more items. You can not delete them from the Recent list.

The Frequent list displays up to 25 items from your Food Diary based on an algorithm that the user can not change, but a user can in effect hide particular food items from displaying in the Frequent list.

If you want, you can change your default display to the Frequent list, from which you can hide previous food items that you added to your Food Diary and do not want to see displayed on a list of foods. On the Web version, navigate to FOOD > Settings and change Default Add Food View to Frequent. On the mobile apps, navigate to Settings > Diary Settings and set Default Search Tabs to Frequent.

The only way to have the Recent list not display those items that you added to your Food Diary is for you to go back to your Food Diary and delete all instances of those unwanted items from every day that you logged them. However, if you delete those unwanted entries from your Food Diary, be aware that your macros will not be correct for those previous days and any Reports, if you use that, will not be correct.

Please see these articles on the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/374439-how-do-i-delete-an-entry-from-my-food-diary-
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/152746-can-i-remove-a-food-from-my-%22most-used%22-or-%22frequent%22-list-what-if-i-change-my-mind-
  • lambience
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses. I have now found that the 'Recent' list (as your responses have confirmed) is the only one that I cannot cleanup easily. I have successfully tidied up my 'Frequent', 'My Foods' and 'My Meals' lists.
    I will watch the 'Recent' list clean itself up over time :)