Empty calories??

Options
Ok so there is a 400 calorie Mikes hard lemonade waiting for me in the fridge tonight,
and I am wondering if it is EASIER or HARDER to burn this kind of calorie?
If i was seditary all day today, (the only thing I flexed was my brain) and I have over 600 cal left for dinner.

If I drink this will these empty calories me worse for me in the long run?? If I drink my calories tonight will I be sorry tomorrow?

Replies

• spacevulture
    spacevulture Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There are no "kinds" of calories. Empty calories just means that the food has a lot of calories but isn't nutritional. Burning off a calorie from that drink is the exact same thing as burning a calorie from a carrot.
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I try not to drink my calories. I find it harder for myself to burn but each person is different. I love Mike's Hard Lemonade and have switched to the light ones - I think they are 100 calories and I cannot tell a difference. Also if I want a light workout, I pop a Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVD in and do either the one or two mile.
  • hanson22
    hanson22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    There are days that I drink my calories. For instance, I had a lot of liquid beverages today (coffee, a smoothie, tea). and I have plans to go out on Thursday and get a martini.
    I will be aware of my calorie intake and exercise and plan accordingly, but I will still lose if my cals are in the defecit!

As long as you are consuming less than you burn, it doesn't really matter what you eat.
    It may just effect the longevity of your workout :)
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    drinking alcohol lowers your metabolism by 50% after just 2 drinks. I dont eat while drinking; you dont process foods the same way. have dinner before your drink. Also drink extra water cuz alchol dehydrates yoru system.

This isnt a diet website, its a lifestyle change, and you want to do something that you can live with for the rest of your life; not ever drink again and not enjoy a drink ever again.. I say go for it, enjoy, you are being aco****able for it, and not going over cal by doing so.

I personally, if im going to spend 400 calories on alcohol, would rather have 6 straight shots. if im gunna drink; no sense in drinking the highest calorie thing there is. I could also drink over 7 budweiser 55 beers. Or 4 light beers. I could also have 3 whiskey cranberry drinks, or 3 screwdrivers... all for the same amount of calories as your one single mikes hard lemonade.
  • linz_83
    linz_83 Posts: 45
    Options
    drinking alcohol lowers your metabolism by 50% after just 2 drinks. I dont eat while drinking; you dont process foods the same way. have dinner before your drink. Also drink extra water cuz alchol dehydrates yoru system.

I personally, if im going to spend 400 calories on alcohol, would rather have 6 straight shots. if im gunna drink; no sense in drinking the highest calorie thing there is. I could also drink over 7 budweiser 55 beers. Or 4 light beers. I could also have 3 whiskey cranberry drinks, or 3 screwdrivers... all for the same amount of calories as your one single mikes hard lemonade.

Thanks for the info everyone!!
    I know I am changing my lifestyle and need to adjust my habits, I also know I like one drink -mikes i am a lightweight and its plenty. (although i will look into a lesser cal version)
    Its been a stressful day, and its here so I was just curious how a non-nutritional meal replacement would effect me.
    no i know. :drinker: