Using a Wearable (ie: Fitbit) to help with your goals, etc...

Options
Hello everyone!

Who uses a wearable to help with their tracking and motivation?

I have a Fitbit and love it, and I am always looking for any little nuggets of wisdom from anyone who can help with my success and planning!

Thanks!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Jawbone UP24 for me.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and love it, and I am always looking for any little nuggets of wisdom from anyone who can help with my success and planning!

I've learned so much in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Got my fitbit up and running as of yesterday and so far I am loving it, cannot help with much advice just yet but @editorgrrl the fitbit users group is really helpful, been reading lots in there today and added some friends too for some friendly competition and banter. I am a great believer in that exercise needs to be fun, if you enjoy it you'll stick with it.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I got a Fitbit surge.

Seems pretty useful. Keeps me motivated a bit.

Especially since if I don't exercise for like 5-20 mins I have a negative adjustment. Does that make me like super sedentary if I need to exercise to get up to sedentary?

Anyway Fitbit helps me realise if I have infact been too inactive.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am going to get a Fitbit One soon, but for right now I'm just using a boring ol' pedometer.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Used a Body Media armband and now have a Garmin Vivoactive. LOVE them and credit them with keeping me accountable with the calories burned and consumed.
  • HowlinAl
    HowlinAl Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    The wife and I both use Apple Watches.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've got the fitbit zip. It keeps me super motivated.
    And I love watching the calories I'm allowed go up the more I exercise.
  • golgoroo
    golgoroo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Fitbit charge hr here and I love it!
  • dinsfamily
    dinsfamily Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    22 days now with my Vivofit and really like it. It gives me a better picture of my daily activity and reminds me to move on lazier days.
  • Coley88
    Coley88 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have had my Fitbit Charge HR for a little over a week now, and so far I love it! Feel free to add me https://www.fitbit.com/user/3MNRSW
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Fitbit one for a year. Keeps me accountable for moving enough. My main tip, though, is don't get too obsessed over it where you of crazy stuff or get in a funk if you don't reach your step goals for a day or a week.
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit One, but accidentally left it clipped to one of my shirts. So, it took a trip through the laundry. I miss it, but now have my sights set on a Fitbit Charge. I do have a Sportline pedometer from Walmart in the meantime. I also started using MapMyWalk on my phone, and synced it to MFP.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Fitbit zip

Worn it for a year

Current poolside vacation is really messing with my head as I can't wear it much so I've had to disable my negative and put in workouts instead :)
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have had my Fitbit hr charger for a week! I love it. It keeps moving
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I have a charge hr.. I realized last week that I can just tap the screen to bring up the info... I used to push the side button.... little things can make me happy...
    I like the heart rate when walking I can check it to see how hard I am working. the negative adjustment seen by afternoon motivates me to get up and move. I work sitting down all day so this is a big help.
    I like the challenges and belong to a few groups on the site also.
  • ericflatekval
    ericflatekval Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love that it is connected with MyFitnessPal as I find the food database in MFP is much more in depth

That being said, both are so much about me being an active participant in my fitness/nutrition. I have the Fitbit Flex now, I have the Jawbone Up previously. I love mine and it really helps me keep myself accountable to what I do daily without feeling obsessive about food and fitness.
  • mickmgd
    mickmgd Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am office bound at a desk all day so limited in movement. I record exercise I do in the evenings on MFP and really wonder if there is any value in a wearable as I can do little to affect lack of movement throughout the day. Any thoughts on the value of buying one? Alternatively maybe I should shoplift one and see what calories I burn running away from the security guard! That is a joke obviously, running is well outside of my capabilities at present.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I got my Fitbit One 12-25-13. It was an eye opener. I knew I was not active, but having the Fitbit gave me a way to measure my activity and I quickly figured out that being a slug was a big part of my problem. Now the entire family (hubby, and kids aged 13, 15, 17) have them. We do family challenges, and we encourage the kids to be more active.
    Hello everyone!

Who uses a wearable to help with their tracking and motivation?

Thanks!

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Apple watch. Love the stand reminders.....