Protein Bars vs Protein Shakes

Options
I know I need to have some form of protein after a workout so I've decided to either consume a protein shake or bar. Is one any better than the other, or are they pretty much the same thing in a different form? Also if anyone has any low calories options I would love to hear about them :)

Replies

• StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    I prefer the taste of a shake to the taste of most bars but that may just be me. I like my shakes super cold though.
  • danielled6875
    danielled6875 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    shakes have less carbs
  • newbeautifulme
    Options
    I like protein shakes better. Costco sells a 100% Whey Protein Powder made by Muscle Milk (Cytosport) in Chocolate & Vanilla. 75 servings for $35!!

The chocolate has 140 calories, 3 g carbs, 2 g fat & 27 g protein. It mixes great with water. Tastes amazing!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I prefer the taste of a shake to the taste of most bars but that may just be me. I like my shakes super cold though.

Me too!!!

I use Body Fortress chocolate whey powder (I got it in walmart) pretty good!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    All your answers are on the label and the price tag.....
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mssugarca
    mssugarca Posts: 75
    Options
    I dont really like the taste of either but I find that cliff bars are edible. They are however 250 calories. I find that when I drink the shakes I still feel hungry but when I eat a bar the hunger feeling isnt as strong....I think it's personal prefrance.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I think a shake is much better because bars tend to have strange/unhealthy ingredients and too much sugar. If youbmake a shake at home you can control what goes in. I make a shake with 1 scoop whey (Jay Rob chocolate), 1 scoop Amazing Grass Cocoa (veggies, from Whole foods), 1/2 cup mixed frozen organic berries, and water. Yummy!!!
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    I like my shakes super cold though.

Plus!!!! The colder the drink, the more calories your body uses to warm it inside!
  • DannyDD79
    DannyDD79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I picked up "Kaizen 100% Whey Isolate Protein Powder - Vanilla Ice Cream" shake from Costco (in Calgary, Canada) and it seems to work for me. It's cheap and had the highest protein level of all the other shakes there. So I down a shake and if I feel I want more, I take down a huge glass of water.

Hope that helps...