Swimming with HRM

Options
jennmoore3
jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
Now, my Polar FT4 "says" you can swim with it on just dont push any buttons while wet.

Anyone actually try it?

Jenn

Replies

• bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    nope i've been to nervous to try it lol
  • fernx
    fernx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have mine underwater but i didnt use the heart monitor at least the watch is water proof
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    I have mine underwater but i didnt use the heart monitor at least the watch is water proof

May I ask why you used the watch and not the other part? Is there a feature I missed?
  • fernx
    fernx Posts: 3 Member
    Options

May I ask why you used the watch and not the other part? Is there a feature I missed?

I trained with my friends and I take the monitor out when we finished the workout and then we hit the pool just to relax.
    We are doing P90X and Insanity, swimming would be to much for one day :)
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Thanks, I was just curious to see if there was a feature I missed some how.
  • Isawau
    Isawau Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I actually did go swim with mine today got a polar FT 7 and I pushed a button under water. was the first time I used it in water and totally forgot about it:-) So far so good it's still working!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    I actually did go swim with mine today got a polar FT 7 and I pushed a button under water. was the first time I used it in water and totally forgot about it:-) So far so good it's still working!

So even the chest strap was under water? How cool! This summer I may have to try it. How long did you swim for? I was thinking about treading water in the deep end. Remember that from swimming class?! That gets hard after a while.
  • Isawau
    Isawau Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yeah I had the cheststrap on I wanted to see how many calories I burn and in what time.
    I just swam around 18min. I needed a time for a 750m swim but after I even went in the hottub with it and it was ok. It's still working I would just not push the button under water anymore if I can remember:-)