cheat meal turned into me hating myself!!

Options
First cheat meal in a while - had outback steakhouse and had an amazing steak with bread and butter and shrimp.....then on the way home my husband bought ice cream at the store to bring home and it's been a night of choco tacos and I'm watching him eat an it's it ice cream.... I'm done - I feel sick and I have a early morning work out and a lifting workout tomorrow afternoon... please tell someone has done this and that all I have to do is get right back on ://

Replies

• lejoie
    lejoie Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    EVERYONE has made a choice similar to this before! don't let the guilt consume you, otherwise you'll get off track. treat your decisions tonight as conscious decisions, take the guilt off, and keep moving. YOU are in control! you've got this.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    One night did not ruin anything. I mean it - nothing. I just spent three days eating whatever I wanted and yes, hating myself (although not as a direct result of the eating), but I got back to my healthy choices yesterday and feel just as good as ever. You have to learn to accept these less-than-ideal choices because there's no way you'll get through life making all the right choices all the time. They happen, but I really believe that as long as you're really committed and are making good choices most of the time, you're moving in the right direction! Last thing - calling it a "cheat" meal or day is setting yourself up to feel bad about it.. cheating is never seen as a good thing, and while it may seem trivial, the language we use is so important. I just have certain days when I give myself permission to indulge and/or not to log. So yes, we've all made choices we're not proud of, and yes, you can get right back to it.
  • vlovell24
    vlovell24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's ok. Your only human.
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    Lord knows I have been there so many times. Giving into my temptations then hating myself and getting hysterical. But my friends here know how to calm me down and their advice is usually make your next meal healthier and workout more.
  • MagnoliaStorm
    MagnoliaStorm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    No worries. It was only one night and be strong and go back to your diet! My sister's family was over for 5 days and I had no choice but to eat and drink. I kept all the record of what I ate and just input all the data this morning. I also weighed myself, resulting in finding I gained 1 kg (sigh) but all I should do is to go back to my diet routine. That is all! I plan to eat only salad for dinner tonight.