MFP Works. I couldn't be happier.

Options
I know a lot of people post their amazing stories of losing 80, 100, 150 pounds. I'm so inspired by these people. My goal was to lose 11 pounds. I was in bad shape and kind of flabby, but I originally felt like I shouldn't be proud of my 8 pound loss as I was already technically in the "healthy" weight range. However, everyone here has made me feel comfortable shouting "GOOD FOR ME!!!" When I went under 170 for the first time in maybe 10 years, I was ecstatic. Now I'm only 3 pounds away from goal and I have visible abs, muscles everywhere, and I just flat out feel awesome.

Wow, this is rambling. I just wanted to say that just keeping track of (and being accountable for) everything I eat, along with working out regularly has really made a huge difference. Thank you everyone here who's friended me and provided words of support.

Jake

Replies

• MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! I too love MFP, don't know how I would manage without it!
    Congrats on your success!!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You SHOULD be proud of yourself! I'm proud of you. Way to go, friend!
  • LyssaMarie13
    Options
    Good job! That's an amazing feeling and accomplishment!!! Keep it up! :smile:
  • Sprinkie09
    Sprinkie09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! :D
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Losing "a little" weight is sometimes harder than losing that initial bunch if someone has more to lose (like me).. so nothing to be taken lightly.
    Congrats on your success!!
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Great JOB! Congrats on your success!
  • phenrichs
    phenrichs Posts: 102
    Options
    Hey that is great! And don't ever be ashamed of meeting a goal. A small goal to you may be a monumental goal to someone else. I myself did 10lbs in the first 2 weeks and was shocked at how easy MFP made it.

Keep rockin it!

And you can add me as a friend if you would like.
  • shortly24
    shortly24 Posts: 18
    Options
    Awesome!

And I think hearing stories like yours is important for people like me who do have quite a bit to lose, and who have to decide where to stop - is it *in* their healthy weight range, where people will probably tell them they look fantastic because they have come so far, or is it when they actually *do* look fabulous, with some definition and toning :) I've lost only about a third of the weight I need to lose to get to my goal weight and already i've been told by one person to stop losing now as I look perfect as I am. Funny, because I can see so much potential for places that need to lose quite a bit more!
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! MFP does work as i'm finding out as well.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I :heart: MFP! It is working for me when nothing else was! I especially love my MFP friends!! So encouraging when you want to give up!
  • tsmith6569
    tsmith6569 Posts: 63
    Options
    agreed! It does work and it's simplicity is just wonderful! Stay motivated!!!
  • david83ec
    david83ec Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's true MFP really works.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!