Nrol

Options
amr32r
amr32r Posts: 245 Member
Has anybody tried nrol and what is your thoughts on this program? Just curious of what others have experienced using it..i looked at some of the groups but looks like nobody has been active in the groups for a year or two.

Replies

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I thought about getting NROLFW, but read that figuring out the exercise plans was a bit difficult and the nutrition a bit outdated.
    However, it apparently does come recommend. I might still get it later.

I have the impression that most people on this forum do stronglifts 5x5. Perhaps try checking out the bodybuilding (dotcom) forum. Pretty sure you can find stories on experience there.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I am almost done with my second time through New Rules Of Lifting For Life. I like it so far. My strength has increased. My body fat has dropped and weight has stayed the same (this has a lot to do with my diet though). This is the first time I have ever done a strength training program so I don't have anything to compare it with.
  • amr32r
    Options
    I started out doing stronglifts and am switching to nrol
  • amr32r
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    I am almost done with my second time through New Rules Of Lifting For Life. I like it so far. My strength has increased. My body fat has dropped and weight has stayed the same (this has a lot to do with my diet though). This is the first time I have ever done a strength training program so I don't have anything to compare it with.

Congrats on your progress so far...i was wondering if the metabolic overdrive workouts would be enough ..
  • ramepithecus
    ramepithecus Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I tried NROLFL and promptly threw out my back attempting the 'power' section. It's almost recovered now and I'm debating if I should have another go at it (omitting those) or try something else. (I have zero experience lifting aside from physical therapy and an old back injury.)
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am just starting the third basic workout in NROL-Supercharged. I like the variety of the routines so far. They challenge me in different ways. It's not just lifting weights (iron), however, later in the program there is more iron. If you can go to a book store and thumb through a copy to see if it might interest you.
  • pearshapedmum
    pearshapedmum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i bought the NROLFW and read the entire book, but was uninspired to even start this programme - I then bought strong curves and am enjoying this.
  • amr32r
    Options
    I have read the book and did first break in workout yesterday. I was going to skip the break in but it's recommended not to skip it no matter how experienced you think you are. I'm actually glad I read it .