Stayed the same weight for a whole month

Options
Pcon2
Pcon2 Posts: 16 Member
This is getting old. I have stayed the exact same weight for this whole month. I feel like giving up... I weight 167 in April. Have lost 24 lbs. but now can't loose anymore. Am stuck at 143 and would like to go to 135 but can't seem to move. What on earth !!!!!!

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing all your food with a scale and logging it all?
    Are you eating back exercise calories? If so what % and where did you get your burn estimates from MFP, machines, HRM other?
    Are you losing inches?
  • lrachel011
    lrachel011 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to be rude here, so please don't see it as that I'm just trying to help :) If you really were keeping track of your intake and exercise etc accurately, then you would lose weight. You need to burn 3500 calories to lose a pound. So if you had a calorie deficit of 500 calories, and burned 500 calories a day, then you would be losing a whole 2lbs a week :D (Or a deficit of 750, burn off 250 etc etc) Also don't be tempted to treat yourself because you've done more exercise, your treat will be seeing all of your hard work and determination pay off, just be patient! Also some tips, try chewing lots and lots of gum. It will distract your mouth, and you're not going to want to eat food if your mouth is all minty. And water is amazing, some days I would drink about 10 glasses, and then find out I've lost a whole pound in just one day. I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks because of water, it has no calories, it fills you up and you will lose so much more weight, feel refreshed and healthy.. So drink lots of it!

Ok I hope that helped, and don't be thrown off, just see this as motivation to work harder :)
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Don't let that sidetrack you. I just went through the same thing and thought about giving up so many times, but I didn't and the weight is starting to come off again. I switched up my exercise routine and was very careful about weighing everything, that got me back on track. Be strong :)
  • Tilly1285
    Tilly1285 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    lrachel011 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to be rude here, so please don't see it as that I'm just trying to help :) If you really were keeping track of your intake and exercise etc accurately, then you would lose weight. You need to burn 3500 calories to lose a pound. So if you had a calorie deficit of 500 calories, and burned 500 calories a day, then you would be losing a whole 2lbs a week :D (Or a deficit of 750, burn off 250 etc etc) Also don't be tempted to treat yourself because you've done more exercise, your treat will be seeing all of your hard work and determination pay off, just be patient! Also some tips, try chewing lots and lots of gum. It will distract your mouth, and you're not going to want to eat food if your mouth is all minty. And water is amazing, some days I would drink about 10 glasses, and then find out I've lost a whole pound in just one day. I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks because of water, it has no calories, it fills you up and you will lose so much more weight, feel refreshed and healthy.. So drink lots of it!

Ok I hope that helped, and don't be thrown off, just see this as motivation to work harder :)

Good stuff. Thanks.
  • Pcon2
    Options
    I am doing two proteins shakes and a small bowl of home made turkey, tomato sauce, and kidney bean dish wish snakes consisting of one small apple or celery with tiny bits of peanut butter on them. Oh and a snack of a cinnimin and raisin English muffin w/ real butter on it. It all stays under 1200 calories I am allowed...
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 24 lbs in about 2 months!!! Weight loss is going to come much slower now that you are so close to your goal. Just keep weighing everything to make sure you're still in a deficit.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Those tiny bits of peanut butter may be tripping you up. Weigh out the peanut butter and the real butter before adding it to muffin, apple or celery to make sure you are really consuming the amount of calories you think you are. 24 pounds in 2 months is amazing! Don't give up now, just have realistic expectations that the rate will slow a little.
  • Pcon2
    Options
    Thank you. Will try to stay away from the peanut butter for a couple days and see what happens...Patti
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I am doing two proteins shakes and a small bowl of home made turkey, tomato sauce, and kidney bean dish wish snakes consisting of one small apple or celery with tiny bits of peanut butter on them. Oh and a snack of a cinnimin and raisin English muffin w/ real butter on it. It all stays under 1200 calories I am allowed...

How many grams of these items? As we get closer to our goal weight, it gets a little slower, but the accurate weighing helps to take the guesswork out of it.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. Keep at it and don't get discouraged.
  • Pcon2
    Options
    Thank you but can you tell me how to record the strength training part? Patti
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your liquid calories?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've found maintenance.