Code words/phrases??

Options
TDGee
TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
I was having a conversation with one of my MFPeeps a little while ago regarding her use of code words/phrases for "consenting adult intimate relations." You know, when you are talking in front of the kids or someone else...
My first wife and I called it "making donuts" I'm not sure why and I REALLY don't want to call her and ask. It would probably cost me money.smiley-sad004.gif
My wife now calls it "playing" Just hearing the word from her starts me down the hall at a dead run!! (and I can't run!)smiley-sex015.gif

So, what do you guys call "IT"?

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Well, at the moment, I don't call it anything, but in the past it has been called "taking a nap". That may be why I have a real fondness for actual naps now...
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    We call it playtime
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    No code words here. It's more fun to just call it what it is and completely gross out the teenager.
  • ajanieva
    ajanieva Posts: 27
    Options
    I've always called it "doing laundry." It can be further coded by describing the laundry. i.e. Handwash, delicates, dry clean only... Haha, you get the idea. :laugh: :wink:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    No code words here. It's more fun to just call it what it is and completely gross out the teenager.

hahah YESSSS
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I've always called it "doing laundry." It can be further coded by describing the laundry. i.e. Handwash, delicates, dry clean only... Haha, you get the idea. :laugh: :wink:

I'm so scared to know about dry-clean only?
  • clhiter
    clhiter Posts: 74
    Options
    We call it playtime

I like this idea
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

Teenagers here, too - we love grossing them out.

But recently we watched a movie which had an inappropriate-for-young'uns scene in it and my husband changed the channel for a couple minutes until it was over. HOWEVER, there were beta fish in really cool containers in the front of the scene and I was so busy checking out the beta fish and containers, I never noticed what was happening behind them. I started to say something and felt like an idiot when I realized what the director had intended for me to see. So, now when we're watching something and that kind of thing comes on, the call goes out - "Change the channel, there's FISH!" :laugh:
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    We call it "shopping for produce" I can't remember the exact conversation we had that led to this, but it was something about how some people prefer oranges some prefer apples.....
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I call it sex.

My husband comes running too.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    There has been a few, some people here log it as "dancing" however, not go into details of how this came about, but we use "making a sandwich" as code for the horizontal mambo
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Having pudding :)
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i call it mommy time. only bc when i put my kids to bed, i say its mommy time. so that way in the middle of the day, they think it just means my "rest" time.
  • Scheherazadea
    Options
    I don't have kids, but I still have code words for use in front of others. I use walking, jogging, running--each activity has an associated deed, which I'll leave you to figure out! In the end, it all burns calories, right?
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    We dont seem to have a code word cuz theres no time for US! We had our 1st daughter when I was 16 ( ya I know we started early) and my son came along when I was 23 . We own a solar installation company (www.solarcentsltd.ca) theres just no time :(
    BOO cuz I need to burn some cals *wink* :)
  • HeatherFeather10
    Options
    "Special Treats" - it came from the movie "Dude Where's My Car" starrring Ashton Kutcher and we thought it was funny - and now use it too!!!
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Our children are too young to know what we're talking about so no code words here. I'm definitely taking notes on what's being said here for when they're a little older :smile:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I haven't had "it" in so long that I forgot all the code words...and the ones I used to have would get censored here.
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    We used to tell our kids we were having along time. Then when my daughter was 3 she said "mom if your alone then why do I hear you and dad"? :blushing: So now we say its our time-out to talk.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I just remembered "Quality Time" From the movie bad Boys!!