Vegan gluten free

Options
im looking for gluten free vegan breakfast ideas. No oats please.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    A cereal with hemp, chia, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, vanilla, coconut cream and coconut (perhaps with some dried fruits) would be tasty.
  • Chayacandoit
    Chayacandoit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Thanks
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Smoothie with vegan protein powder(I use soy, but hemp, pea or rice protein are also available), ground flaxseeds, non-dairy milk and frozen fruit (My favourite is a mix of raspberries and mango)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Can you make more food at dinner so that you can reheat some leftovers for breakfast?
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    An interesting one I've seen was mixing up cooked apples and a sweetish cooked squash. Blend up in a blender, then dry until hard in a dehydrator (smoothed out in a sheet, like super thick fruit leather). Break it up into pieces and eat like a cereal with a milk-substitute like almond milk poured over it. :-)
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've got a great raw granola recipe. Found it in Raw Foods, Real World cookbook. It's all nuts and dates, delicious with a few berries and some almond milk! I also make breakfast quinoa. Just quinoa with blueberries and a splash of almond milk.
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Can't find the recipe online. I'll have to copy it from my computer at home. It takes a while to make but is SO worth it!
  • mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Soak raw almonds in water over night, drain in the A.M. with a sprinkle of salt. I like them, anyway.
  • SusanParker365
    SusanParker365 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My family converted to a whole food, plant based diet. We found gluten free, buckwheat pancake mix that my children loved!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    im looking for gluten free vegan breakfast ideas. No oats please.

Salad ... I eat meat but have salad for breakfast 5 days of the week.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    A cereal with hemp, chia, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, vanilla, coconut cream and coconut (perhaps with some dried fruits) would be tasty.

These suggestions are so much more calorie rich than oats ever were. I think these sorts of concoctions are a mistake, even if nutritious.

If you are trying to lose weight you should use nuts and seeds cautiously. I would suggest that unless you are ag against soy, a smoothie with lite soy, silken tofu and fruit is good. I like it but its not my whole breakfast. Its also high in protein, low in fat and calories and delicious.

I usually follow a smoothie with a piece of toast and something on it like fried tomatos but you could use gluten free bread.

But just in case, its not a good idea to eat gluten free unless you actually have a gluten intolerance because gluten foods are actually considered less quality foods than gluten foods such as bread. These foods are more processed, have more sugar and more calories going on what i can remember when i read about this. There is simply no benefit for people who do not have gluten intolerance, eating gluten free.

Another idea is rice pudding made with soy milk. I love rice pudding but becuase its sweet, i find it moreish so don't eat it.

In india the people eat all sorts of dal or chickpeas curry thing and you can have it with rice instead of bread. Anyway as a vegan, its best to eat legumes about 3 times a day.

• Chayacandoit
    Chayacandoit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good suggestions! I love All the ideas.