Getting smaller everywhere but up top???

bluellies
bluellies Posts: 82 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone had to get a LARGER bra once they started dieting? SW was 188.6 (D), CW is 171.6 (DD). I'm still the same 38 around, but I started escaping all of my old bras. And when I say old, I mean like 3 months old. They're the same kind I always buy, I've washed them the same way, hang them to dry like I always have...the only variable is the weight loss.

What's going on? Everyone always says that the boobs are the first to go. I've gained quite a bit over what I had @20. I even got back to my pre-kid weight and was still a size larger. It seems that with every kid I gain 2 sizes, then lose 1. But to get bigger when I'm losing weight? That's a first for me. Wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen, and if so--do you know why?

Replies

• Wow... no idea!? My boobs are gone, but my thighs are hanging on for dear life. Good luck with it!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Interesting. My number has shrinked, down to 45" now instead of 49" I was in early April (dont know what i was when i started in march"; but my cup size is the same and hasnt went down at all. Everyone looses weight differently; but to increase a bra size is definetly a new one to me too. Boobs are not the first to go for everyone. Everyone is different. I first noticed loss in my stomach, then it became my neck, then my rib cage area...
  • mercedes25
    mercedes25 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm kind of the same! Mine haven't got bigger but they also havent got any smaller! I'm a 36 dd, before weight loss and also right now! I really would love for the to shrink a bit!
  • bluellies
    Wow... no idea!? My boobs are gone, but my thighs are hanging on for dear life. Good luck with it!
    Yeah, my thighs aren't budging either. Would be almost down 2 sizes if they were, they're definitely holding me back!
  • capogirl728
    capogirl728 Posts: 15 Member
    man i wish! haha. mine are shrinking. i started off as a 38D and now I'm a 34C. and can barely fill in the C. haha
  • carmend68
    carmend68 Posts: 1
    i also think my bra size stays the same i'll have to take notice if bigger though. let me if it changes for you. i hope the go down. 38 dd at 4'11'' not good
  • bluellies
    I'm kind of the same! Mine haven't got bigger but they also havent got any smaller! I'm a 36 dd, before weight loss and also right now! I really would love for the to shrink a bit!
    Are you still losing, or are you in maintenance? I don't mind being a bit big on top, I have been for years, but I look ridiculous now. My sister told me I look like one of those caricatures that street artists sketch for you :)
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    gone from a tight 46" to a nice fitting 44" but the cups are still the same for now.. :grumble:
  • mercedes25
    mercedes25 Posts: 47 Member
    Are you still losing, or are you in maintenance? I don't mind being a bit big on top, I have been for years, but I look ridiculous now. My sister told me I look like one of those caricatures that street artists sketch for you :)

Haha I am still losing, I have about 20-30 more pounds to go! I am at 161ish right now! I know a lot of people like big boobs, but they are just annoying to me! I don't want tiny ones though, just some that fit in a bikini top better! Ex: I had to buy a xl top and medium bottom in my swimsuit!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    I've lost nearly 90 pounds with only about 10 to go and went from a 44F to a 36J. I think I *might* get down to a G (they are finally starting to go down a tiny bit) but I am not holding out much hope beyond that.
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    It all depends on your genetics and how you are made. anytime I lost weight I would gain boobage. Sigh oh well I am not going to complain until it starts hurting my back.
  • bluellies
    I've lost nearly 90 pounds with only about 10 to go and went from a 44F to a 36J. I think I *might* get down to a G (they are finally starting to go down a tiny bit) but I am not holding out much hope beyond that.
    I'll have to let my sister know this--I definitely got the shorter end of the stick on both my mother's and father's side. She's a large J, and is also doing MFP. She's hoping to lose some up top, hates having to get all of her bras special ordered :(
This discussion has been closed.