Question about before/after pics

Options
I've taken my before pictures and want to take progress pictures.

Problem is I'm worried about when I should take my next set of pictures.

I want some in between my before/after pictures but I don't know when to take progress pictures because I'm worried that I'll dip if I see no difference.

I've only lost a stone so far (13lbs) so I think it's too soon.

What stages did you take your pictures??

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I take mine every 20 lbs or so.

Just remember that sometimes we can be our own worst critics. After losing 20 lbs, I knew I must be smaller but I didn't see much of a change in the pictures. My husband saw a big difference though. Don't let it discourage you if to your own eyes you look the same, our brains like to lie to us.

Congratulations on the stone loss!
  • Chezzleh
    Chezzleh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah 20lbs is probably a good point to more pics.

I'll get my partner to compare with me too in case he can see what I can't.

Thanks for the tips :)
  • linzi02
    linzi02 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I wish I had taken more pictures on my journey :( I did initially have some before pictures but I deleted them because I was so worried someone else would see them (I know how silly!) At the moment, I'm taking progress pictures each month and to be honest I think pictures are the most motivating thing even if there is just subtle changes. If you're exercising there may be more changes than you think as well. For example, I'm still 8lbs off my lowest weight but I can fit into the jeans I used to wear probably because this time I have been doing more exercise along the way.
  • Run4fitness12
    Run4fitness12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about doing progress pictures every month :). I did initially think weekly but I realise that not much will change in a week.
  • Chezzleh
    Options
    I have a lot to lose so I think once every month would be a bit much for me. It took a lot for me to get my before pictures but I knew I'd want to see the differences in my body as I progress.

I exercise 5 times a week but it's only light atm. Walking home from work (3.5km) 3 days a week and then doing a workout using Xbox fitness, usually either a dance workout or Pilates 2 days a week.
  • becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have 150+ to lose! I took starting pics- seriously mind opening ugh but it made me honest with myself. I plan on taking new ones every month. The scale is my mortal enemy lol I need to see my progress! I figure once a month is a good indicator. I have so far to go in this journey and I need to stay motivated and on track. Good luck everyone!
  • Milenac93
    Milenac93 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    TAKE ALL THE PICTURES.
    I took progress pictures all the time especially whenever I felt like overeating or skipping a workout. I didn't obsess over the pictures or anything I just put them into a folder on my computer. There is something about seeing your body change over time in all different outfits, lighting, poses that is really motivating. I am so happy I took as many pictures as I did because as I move forward in the journey I am able to look back and see how much of a difference there is on days when I am feeling discouraged.
  • Chezzleh
    Options
    Yeah I should probably take more normal body pics xD my before pics are definitely not pictures I'd show to family and friends when I wanna show them the difference ahahaha