Clean eating tips and recipes?????

Options
lauraangharad123
lauraangharad123 Posts: 7 Member
Hi!! Any clean eating tips and Recipes would be massively appreciated. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks thank you

Replies

• jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Tosca Reno has great recipe books and a magazine called clean eating. The magazine has a 2 week meal plan complete with shopping lists. I did really well losing weight on it with exercise. It IS expensive though. What I took away from it was I learned how to eat better and now eat mostly clean. There's some great recipes that my whole family loves and it sneaks them in more veggies.
    I've noticed some people in the mfp community will turn their nose up to "clean eating" and say it's all calories in calories out doesn't matter what you eat. Which is absolutely true, but I think eating better choices of foods is so beneficial to anyone who gives it a go. Just remember you have to keep your calories within your range no matter how clean you eat.
    The meal plans in the magazine helped me so much to learn portion sizes and more veggies. I never felt better! Just be prepared for a grocery bill shock it's expensive buying all the little extras.
    Add me as a friend if you want. I have a lot of recipes I can share with you if you'd like.
  • lauraangharad123
    Options
    Oh great thanks! We're do you buy this magazine? Just I've never seen it. Xxx
  • kirstens1984
    kirstens1984 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love clean eating, but second what pp said about people on here not always being a fan. I just look for recipes that include nothing processed, and would recommend the following:

www.madeleineshaw.com (plenty of recipes on her website although I also have her book which is fab)
    www.eat-yourself-skinny.com

I have the following books too which are great for recipes:

Get The Glow (Madeleine Shaw)
    Hemsley & Hemsley - The Art of Eating Well
    The Detox Kitchen Bible (this one is great as it tells you calories per serving)

I use them all regularly. The only thing I would say is with some recipes in Get the Glow / Hemsley they use a LOT of oil - I tend to halve this and have never had a problem with the end result.

Feel free to add me and view my diary if you like (ignore the weekend I was at parties but normally I eat really well!!)

xx
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in 'clean' eating but skinnytaste has a lot of lower calories recipes. I love their stuff.
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    She isn't mentioned here much but Delia Smith uses mostly natural stuff - check out her website it's pretty comprehensive and I've used her recipes since I started cooking as a teen (a long time ago now!) x
  • lauraangharad123
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • SammieRussell
    SammieRussell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I want to eat really clean I do a paleo diet for 4 days. This completely cuts out carbs like bread and refined sugar like chocolate. I often get sugar cravings on this diet and so I use raw honey in my tea, etc. You feel totally refreshed as this is what we are supposed to eat and is often referred to as the cave man diet. I find that weight falls off me on this diet and after a day or two I feel very energetic. Check out websites like Paleo leap for yummy recipes and ideas
  • tmcat111
    tmcat111 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For people that don't think what kind of food matters, maybe they should watch "Biggie Size Me" about a very healthy man who did an experiment eating McDonald's for one month. A little research on the diabetes epidemic, clogged arteries, and heart disease may also open some eyes. To each his/her own though. Ignorance is bliss.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @tmcat111, that was "Supersize Me", and it made about 22 million dollars. Here's the flip side, a Science teacher who lost weight and reduced his cholesterol numbers by eating exclusively at McDonald's for six months.

I prefer peer reviewed double blind studies over populist documentaries.
  • tmcat111
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    @tmcat111, ithat was "Supersize Me", and it made about 22 million dollars. Here's the flip side, a Science teacher who lost weight and reduced his cholesterol numbers by eating exclusively at McDonald's for six months.

jgnatca, sorry about that and thank you for clarifying the name of that documentary. I haven't heard of the Science teacher, I will look it up, it sounds very interesting. I agree with you about the peer reviewed double blind studies.

The diabetes epidemic really is a huge health concern though, I have dedicated years of research and education on the subject. When I was in college, it totally astounded me that so many young people didn't even know how to read/understand nutrition labels. Their lack of education about nutrition saddened me. I believe our younger generation is deprived of and deserves this knowledge through our school/education systems.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    There really isn't much mystery in clean eating. Just prepare your meals from whole natural ingredients and avoid premade or overly processed foods.

Some meals I've had lately that would qualify as clean:

Stir fry of wild caught shrimp, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
    Grilled wild caught grouper and salad
    Chili
    Grilled pork chops and spaghetti squash with mushrooms
    Quinoa and kidney bean salad and baked orange roughy
    Venison meatballs in marinara and roasted potatoes
    Grilled salmon and roasted brussel sprouts
    Cajun red beans and rice
    Tuna steak and caprese salad
  • tmcat111
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    @tmcat111, that was "Supersize Me", and it made about 22 million dollars. Here's the flip side, a Science teacher who lost weight and reduced his cholesterol numbers by eating exclusively at McDonald's for six months.

Hmmmm...that information was very vague. Basically it promotes the belief that fast food is healthy, a marketing strategie. No wonder our nation is in the health that it is.
  • tmcat111
    Options
    There really isn't much mystery in clean eating. Just prepare your meals from whole natural ingredients and avoid premade or overly processed foods.

Some meals I've had lately that would qualify as clean:

Stir fry of wild caught shrimp, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
    Grilled wild caught grouper and salad
    Chili
    Grilled pork chops and spaghetti squash with mushrooms
    Quinoa and kidney bean salad and baked orange roughy
    Venison meatballs in marinara and roasted potatoes
    Grilled salmon and roasted brussel sprouts
    Cajun red beans and rice
    Tuna steak and caprese salad

Your food choices look AMAZING! Yummmy!!!