Vegan Recipes

Options
Hey everyone!

Just wondering if any fellow vegans have some (healthy) recipes they would like to share. I'm starting to run out of ideas :)

Replies

• SusanParker365
    SusanParker365 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What meals?
  • hotelsix
    hotelsix Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love all of the recipes on this website
    http://ohsheglows.com/
    The chickpea salad sandwich is amazing.
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I must be the only plant eater in the world that hates falafel. I use stuffing mix instead and it works a treat. A lot easier too :)
  • Audreytyndall
    Audreytyndall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Last week I started making veggie wraps using romaine lettuce leaves instead of high calorie alternatives. So, for taco night, I served Boca meat, black beans, tomatoes, avocados, lime, cilantro and vegan green chile salsa. Everyone made their own "tacos" using lettuce leaves. It was a hit.
    I also used the same concept with Asian stir fry. Zucchini with yellow and red peppers cooked with low cal General Tso sauce. I also fried some "chikn'" cooked with teriyaki sauce. ( I do not use any oil at all. Only water when necessary.) we wrapped this mixture in romaine leaves and enjoyed. ☺️
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I love the book Appetite for Reduction. Every recipe I've tried has been delish. Even my meat eater hubby has enjoyed the meals!
  • herbertwest7734
    herbertwest7734 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Veganomicron and Thug Kitchen both have awesome recipes. Especially Thug Kitchen, though it does cuss all throughout it in a humorous manner. So if that type of language offends you you might not want it. I personally think that it is hilarious and I have loved EVERYTHING that I have made from it.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I make super easy chili with just a few whole ingredients and spices.
    1 can of low sodium black beans (if you can soak your own and they turn out well, even better)
    1 small to medium chopped onion
    2-3 large chopped bell peppers (I try to use 1 red, 1 orange and one yellow for nutrient diversity)
    1 large or two small chopped tomatoes
    1-2 Tbsp chili powder
    Water

Makes 2 big servings

I water sauté the onion first, then add the peppers and cook for another minute or so. Add the beans and the tomatoes (and any juice that may have run out while chopping), then enough water to cover everything. Add the spices and simmer for about 30-45 minutes (less time is ok, but I like to really let the flavours mix and I like the peppers to be soft) I usually serve it with avocado, and sometimes with a slice of sprouted grain toast.