Does anyone use PB2 and for what recipes......?

Options
Hi all,
I've been looking on Pinterest at frozen banana ice cream etc to look for healthy snacks and have come across PB2 peanut butter powder which claims to be healthier than the normal jar stuff. Does anyone use it and have got any good snack/recipes to share using this product? I don't want to get a jar and not use it. It's not that cheap to buy in the UK, it may be cheaper in the U.S. Thanks all

Replies

• abshierda
    abshierda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use it in my banana peanut butter smoothies. Tastes great!!
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I make "ice cream" with it. Just blend up a frozen banana & add PB2 to it. Yum!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I mix it into cottage cheese and greek yogurt.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Thai peanut sauce!
  • scalzot
    scalzot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I add some to my oatmeal.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    It isn't "healthier", it simply has fewer calories as a result of removing most of the fat. The fat, while calorie dense, isn't bad for you though. In saying that, I do occasionally add it to protein shakes to add some calories and flavor, when my allowance doesn't permit real peanut butter.
  • Lindy0070
    Lindy0070 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. I've popped some bananas in the freezer so going to do some ice cream tomorrow. I've bought normal peanut butter for now and go with that first.
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thai peanut sauce!

That sounds good! I've only been using it in smoothies up to this point. Do you just sub it in for the same amount of peanut butter in the recipe?
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I mix it into cottage cheese and greek yogurt.

Gonna try this cottage cheese idea now!
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I use it to add to my protein balls/bliss balls for peanut butter flavour.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I've only used it in shakes and smoothies so far (delicious), but after reading the above suggestions, I think I will try it in my greek yogurt.

it's expensive here in Canada too.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Just put a scoop in some banana cream pie Greek yogurt

Yummy!!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Just put a scoop in some banana cream pie Greek yogurt

Yummy!!!

Yup! I usually just put in fage plain greek yogurt but have sooooooo tried it in a banana cream flavored greek yogurt.

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I enthusiastically bought both the regular and chocolate flavors, but didn't use much of it. Truly, I just forgot about it. The opened package (regular flavor) went rancid in the cupboard, so I'd suggest if you don't use it frequently to store it in the fridge. The unopened chocolate one was fine and now it's in the fridge.

I will have to try some of these ideas, too!
  • kimdistef
    kimdistef Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use in smoothies(as powder) but also mix it into low cal low fat plain or van geek yogurt to give it some good flavor without a lot of added calories