Exercise calories is way too high

I use misfit as tracker. I have notice the past few days my exercise cal is way too high. For example, i walked 11000 steps and got 549 Cal burned. My profile on both misfit and mfp are the same.

Can I correct this problem by changing my misfit profile. Such as changing male to female so that it counts less calories for each steps.

I am aiming to have slow weight loss. 300 neg Cal each day. So a little accuracy is what I expect

Replies

• 09lyndy
    09lyndy Posts: 1 Member
    I put myself as a stone lighter than I am so that the calorie burn is more realistic - hope that helps
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    That doesn't sound that high at all. It's about the adjustments I received from my Fitbit for 11,000 steps on sedentary.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    not knowing any other details, that sounds fine
  • punkusnickus
    punkusnickus Posts: 3 Member
    Yeah I have started only doing my food calories and not even taking into account my activity.. I do put activity in but that is really only for a logging perspective..
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    1 calorie every 20 steps doesn't sound high to me at all. In fact, it sounds low....

But if you want to force it to under report, set your profile weight lower.
  • tgunartoIndonesia
    tgunartoIndonesia Posts: 9 Member
    I m 5'10 and 183lbs. Earlier report is only 250Cal for 10-11k steps. The past few days jumped up to 500-600 for same number of steps. Thus making me confused which one is right.

Misfit put the distance to be 3.6 mile.
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    pmm3437 wrote: »
    1 calorie every 20 steps doesn't sound high to me at all. In fact, it sounds low....

That's what I thought. If I take a 20 minute walk at 3 mph pace, I burn about 200 calories and take about 2,000 steps. I'm a female, 5'6", and 190 lbs. (So that's 10 calories per step. My DH easily burns double what I do, he's 6'1" 275 lbs.

But you could always just choose a percentage of your exercise calories to eat back, nothing says you need to eat them all.
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    edited August 2015
    pmm3437 wrote: »

That's what I thought. If I take a 20 minute walk at 3 mph pace, I burn about 200 calories and take about 2,000 steps. I'm a female, 5'6", and 190 lbs. (So that's 10 calories per step. My DH easily burns double what I do, he's 6'1" 275 lbs.

But you could always just choose a percentage of your exercise calories to eat back, nothing says you need to eat them all.

Unless you're on a bulk (like me!) and every calorie counts :wink:
    I do find that compared to my old FitBit, Misfit seems to give me lower calories. Like for example, I can walk for HOURS and it'll hardly say I've burned 3000 calories - 2800/2850 but not 3000. I used to hit 3000 most of the time with Fitbit. Anyone else feeling the same?