Lightly active or active???

Options
Which one am I? I am doing the BBG program by Kayla Itsines. So I'll be doing 2 days a week of high intensity circuit training, 2 days a week of 45min cardio, and then 2-3 rest/yoga days. Am I lightly active or active on here? I want to make sure I set my goals correctly so I don't overeat.

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Your activity level is your lifestyle without your exercise, on MFP's database. your exercise is added in above your activity level. You should enter your activity level based on your job, home life, etc.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Activity level on MFP is a product of how active you are during your day while not exercising (ie your job/home/whatever). You would then log your exercises which would adjust your suggested caloric intake. If you're wanting activity level to incorporate everything, you're looking at more of a TDEE model. You can do that on MFP, but then you wouldn't log exercise.

Either way, it's impossible to answer your question without knowing how active you are on a daily basis.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Activity setting doesn't include intentional exercise on here - suggest you have a read in the Getting Started forum to see how this site works.

Your activity setting on MFP is your lifestyle and your job, neither of which you have mentioned.

Using me as an example - even on a big exercise week of 7000+ calories (I'm a cyclist...) my activity setting is still sedentary as I'm a desk-bound mouse jockey.
  • swimmer88888
    swimmer88888 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!