having gastric bypass surgery in September

Options
Hey everyone name is jacquelene.. aka jackie.. im 26 about to be 27 and i have my surgery September 14 super excited and just want friends or advice:)

Replies

• truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    Good luck. :smile:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My advice would be "don't do it". Just plot your data into MFP (if you haven't done it already), follow the instructions, try to hit your calorie goal every day, eat food you like, add some fruit and vegetables to your diet, exercise if you feel up to it. Losing weight is simple, but it isn't always easy. You will slip, but you don't have to fall.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You will get a lot of advice on here against it. My question is did you give it a good try? I mean a really good try? I have a friend on here TannunisFred, who has lost 300 lbs by eating at a modest calorie deficit and exercising.

I certainly dont know your situation and wish you luck, but I wanted to give you his name in case you wanted to look him up. He is extremely motivating, especially if you think 100 lbs is insurmountable.

I work with a woman who had it done, she lost weight but now has stalled because she continues to eat large amounts of crap she shouldn't be and her body is getting used to it again. So if you do it, please follow diet plan and don't ruin it!!
  • rny91415
    rny91415 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck. :smile:

Thank you the most positive post ive had all day :)
  • rny91415
    Options
    You will get a lot of advice on here against it. My question is did you give it a good try? I mean a really good try? I have a friend on here TannunisFred, who has lost 300 lbs by eating at a modest calorie deficit and exercising.

I certainly dont know your situation and wish you luck, but I wanted to give you his name in case you wanted to look him up. He is extremely motivating, especially if you think 100 lbs is insurmountable.

I work with a woman who had it done, she lost weight but now has stalled because she continues to eat large amounts of crap she shouldn't be and her body is getting used to it again. So if you do it, please follow diet plan and don't ruin it!!

Thank you and i will look him up... i am excited for this journey. I have been for months looking everything up and seeing what i can do. Yes you will regain everything back if you dont change your lifestyle... this is just mran losing weight even if i didnt have this tool i would be still in the same mind frame .. i have tried really tried but just go back i need to mentally do this too with a possible therapist. I have an amazing support system too that wont let me fall
  • mycattazz
    mycattazz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had it done in 2008... first year is when you will lose the most...do not stray off your doctors plan not even a little despite what others are doing.... it amazed me some of the junk people were eating after weight loss surgery and making everyone feel like its ok... its not... You want to lose as much as you can the first year because after that it gets harder.... I have no regrets for having it done... other then I didn't loss all my weight the first year... and its been a struggle since to get it all off.. but the good news is I only have about 37 more lbs to go... lost over 174... look me up if you would like a friend :0
  • rny91415
    Options
    mycattazz wrote: »
    I had it done in 2008... first year is when you will lose the most...do not stray off your doctors plan not even a little despite what others are doing.... it amazed me some of the junk people were eating after weight loss surgery and making everyone feel like its ok... its not... You want to lose as much as you can the first year because after that it gets harder.... I have no regrets for having it done... other then I didn't loss all my weight the first year... and its been a struggle since to get it all off.. but the good news is I only have about 37 more lbs to go... lost over 174... look me up if you would like a friend :0

Wow congratulations and yes the first year is honeymoon stage thanks so much for the post this tool is not an easy fix... and yes i will be adding you thank you

• Ariann555
    Ariann555 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had it done in June of this year, I have lost 55 lbs so far. It is a GREAT tool, you will have people talk down about it but its your chose! You will have to learn how to eat differently, exercise, and portion control. This is not easy like everyone thinks, its not the easy way out either. Yes you can gain all your weight back, just like a diet. This will have to be a life style change for it to work.! I wish you all the best and if you have any questions I am here!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I just passed my first year anniversary from bypass surgery. It's been a life-changer for sure. I know for you to have come so far you've done all the soul-searching that goes along with a decision of this magnitude, and I wish you all success.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband

That date is coming up quickly, isn't it? Are you on a pre-surgery liquid diet or anything like that?