100 pound journey

Options
I have tried this app long ago and never really stuck with it. I am at the highest weight I have ever been. Minus one pound this past few days. I am looking for support, encouragement, recipes and friendship! I have tried so many programs and gimmicks in the past I just needed to dial it all down and watch what I am consuming. That is my biggest problem. Those who are seriously on it to take on an adventure feel free to add me! I am all about positivity and perspective!!! Let's do this!

Replies

• LosingLaurensWay
    LosingLaurensWay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    So I've been there and in the past three years I've lost 160 pounds... I'd say I'm serious lol. You have the sparks there to start the journey and maintain momentum. Believe me when I say it's a life and mental change more than a diet. I've changed my diet 5 or 6 times now. Positivity and honesty with yourself are your greatest assets!! I actually posted some of the things I started doing in the beginning of my journey on my blog.

https://foodtruce.wordpress.com/2014/10/20/how-did-you-do-it/

I'll add you! You can do it!
  • createwhatyoulove
    createwhatyoulove Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks So much for sharing that blog! You have a wonderful writing voice
  • LoBaas
    LoBaas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As of right now, I would like to lose 116 pounds. My goodness, that number is daunting. I feel ashamed that I let myself balloon this high, and now I will have to fight hard to work it off.
  • createwhatyoulove
    Options
    Yes it does seem overwhelming when you look at it sometimes... One pound at a time and it's totally possible.. Small victories is what I am after :smile:
  • Ramon0517
    Ramon0517 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I truly believe setting small goals maybe monthly or even biweekly it's the best way so you don't become overwhelmed by the big and scary number lol
  • meaghan_17
    meaghan_17 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I am looking to lose 100 lbs as well. I had previously lost 60 pounds 2 years ago, but with a death in the family I gained it all back and a bit more. I am really trying hard to lose the weight again and would love anymore support or friends on here :)
  • Sereneinsanity
    Sereneinsanity Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! I've got at least 100 to go, maybe more - I'll decide when I get there.
  • kimoalmsry
    kimoalmsry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have tried this app long ago and never really stuck with it. I am at the highest weight I have ever been. Minus one pound this past few days. I am looking for support, encouragement, recipes and friendship! I have tried so many programs and gimmicks in the past I just needed to dial it all down and watch what I am consuming. That is my biggest problem. Those who are seriously on it to take on an adventure feel free to add me! I am all about positivity and perspective!!! Let's do this!

• createwhatyoulove
    Options
    You guys I think we are all awesome just for taking the first steps!! Feel free to add me!! Xoxo
  • Jgdiane
    Jgdiane Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! Just joined My Fitness Pal...don't know a thing about how it all works yet. Do know I have 100 pounds to lose and know the support from others walking in my moccasins (or been there) will help tremendously!

I see many of you saying, "Add me." What does that mean? Are there private groups as well as public ones like this one? Is that what you mean saying "Add me?"
  • createwhatyoulove
    Options
    You can become friends with others on here! Just click the screen name and there is a plus sign in the corner to add others
  • tercasey
    tercasey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've also got a quite a lot to lose. I started last year and lost over three stone. Unfortunately, I did put it pack some on it on! I'm back with more determination then ever! Feel free to add me. I'd love to offer help and support during your journey! :smile:
  • clairbeth87
    clairbeth87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose over 100, my problem is I live to eat. I'm hoping to find other people in a similar situation who are supportive and not judgmental.
  • truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    Ramon0517 wrote: »
    I truly believe setting small goals maybe monthly or even biweekly it's the best way so you don't become overwhelmed by the big and scary number lol

This is actually great advice! Don't be in a big hurry to lose it all at once. Setting small goals, and making small, sustainable changes to your diet, will lead to long term success. It's taken me 4 years, but I've lost 110 pounds, and will not be gaining it back! Those small changes over time have become good habits. :smiley:

• createwhatyoulove
    Options
    Really great to see so many supportive people!!
  • katie3403
    katie3403 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have about 80 pounds to lose.. So I feel you on needinv that support.. Good luck
  • k_jenkins91
    k_jenkins91 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. My goal is to lose 100 pounds as I am at my highest and I don't won't to take med for diabetes for the rest of my life, so I must to this and achieve my goal of losing 100 pounds