Joined 5/13/11 looking for friends with similar goals

Options
Hello my name is Amy. i joined MFP with my mom on 5/13/11. I am a bridesmaid on a mission and want to lose about 75#s before my best friends wedding September 2012. I'll be 20 in August and a full-time student. Not sure what all to write here about myself. Family history of heart disease, strokes, diabetes, and high bloodpressure. I want to live a healthier life style and get into shape. I've been a bigger girl all of my life and want to change. I'd like friends close to my age with similar weight loss goals. Looking for support, encouragement, and motivation. Please send me friend requests if you want to help me out. Thanks!!!

Replies

• laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I've been a big girl all of my life too! Welcome and I'll send you a request :)

Find as much support on MFP and at home as you can, it really does make a difference!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I initially joined MFP in 2008 when I was a bridemaid in a wedding (fell hard off the wagon but thankfully resumed and have been moving forward ever since).

Anyway, I just wanted to wish you well and say how fortunate you are to do this for yourself at age 20. When I was that age I weighed over 300 lbs. It took me until my late 20s to get myself on the right path. I'm generally not a "shouldda wouldda couldda" person, but oh to go back to my 20 year old self armed with the knowledge I now have.

This is your time! Go for it!

P.S. My known highest weight was 319 lbs. When I joined MFP I was in the 230s.
  • Scheherazadea
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm 20, going on 21. I'm also a full-time student. In fact, being a student makes it all the more difficult to lose weight since there is less time to eat healthy and also exercise. I wasn't always a big girl, but going off to college did make me gain a significant amount of weigh that I've now decided to work off. Good luck and congratulations on starting this journey :-)
  • Ellenv
    Ellenv Posts: 6
    Options
    You can do this, you have a year plus. You are going to look and feel great. I just started today, need all the support i can get too.