best time to exercise

Options
I have heard exercising in the morning is best but also heard in the afternoon... What do you all think ... Help please

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Pick the time that you can best maintain.

I am not a morning person. If I try to exercise regularly in the morning, I fail. Late at night works just fine for me and I have no trouble keeping it up.

The key thing is to move--it doesn't matter when you do it.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    In the grand scheme of things it matters not and is not something worth spending anytime thinking about.

Any .00000000000000000000000001% difference that may occur will make no appreciable difference.

As with most things, it's personal preference and whatever fits in with your life.
  • ElleMarieRose
    ElleMarieRose Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's whatever works for you. For me, I'm more motivated in the morning to be productive in all areas of my life, and that includes fitness. However, exercising at night helps me cut down on binge eating.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I think the best time is anytime you can commit to it. Some workout during lunch, others after work. I work out at 5 am because I can find a ton of excuses not to exercise after work.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Pick the time you can best maintain.

Morning is great because you get it done....before any distractions get in the way. Morning is great because you started your day off right....this may encourage healthy decisions during the day. But if you're not a morning person it may not work for you.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Whenever you'll do it regularly.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    It's personal preference. I'm not a morning person and already have to be up early enough as it is, so I don't torture myself with 5/6 AM workouts. It's just not worth it, so I work out in the evenings.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Whenever you will do it. I can not get up any earlier - or I'm not willing to get any less sleep as I don't get enough as it is - so I workout at night after work.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I prefer mornings
    nothing gets in my way in the morning
    get up, lace my shoes, start the coffee, run, drink coffee. done. no excuses.

but pick a time you know will be regularly available to you whenever that is
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Whenever is best for you. Timing does not matter.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Morning for me, its cooler and less things to interfere. Also makes it harder to procrastinate when its the first thing you do in the morning. I also like to watch the city start to "wake up"
  • jakehope87
    jakehope87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey guys just been reading through the comments, like a lot of people have commented on here already, without a doubt for me, fasted cardio in the morning for 20mins at a steady pace is more the adequate to get your body burning. Especially after your body switching over to fasting mode throughout the night.

Carry this out 2-3 times a week, eat clean and hit your gym in the evening and watch the results appear within as little as 2 weeks!

Worked for me this year massively!
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I work out after work. I get home around 10:30-11PM, and will exercise until 11;59PM. I always make sure I'm home by midnight, because my guy worries and likes to know I will always be home no later than that. On weekends I leave earlier and still make sure I'm back by that same time, but will go out further. I have seen success with it, and I prefer not to go out during the day.
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    the best time is whenever you can fit it in. I prefer early morning so I can get it out of the way :)
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Pick the time that you can best maintain.

I am not a morning person. If I try to exercise regularly in the morning, I fail. Late at night works just fine for me and I have no trouble keeping it up.

The key thing is to move--it doesn't matter when you do it.
    Me either. I perform best in the afternoon.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    The best time is the time that you can commit to regularly and when you feel best. I prefer the early evening after work, I think my performance is better as well - I've had plenty to eat and I'm warm from walking around all day.