Hello, any over 50 ladies out there who need some camaraderie?

Options
pkdel
pkdel Posts: 13 Member
I'm 51, 5'5", 187 lbs. and ready.

Replies

• hausdereleganz
    hausdereleganz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really need a partner to help keep me motivated. I'm 55, 5'1" and 153 pounds. I can't seem to loose no matter what I do. Would love someone to work with and push each other
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

This does work, but only if you are committed daily and patient. These links are full of the best information you can find on here. Good Luck!
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi to the both of you...I'm a young 60! I'd love to support both of you as we work through this journey!
  • hausdereleganz
    hausdereleganz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to support and be supported!
  • Peacefultoo
    Peacefultoo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just joined today. I'm almost 52 and the past several years have been tough keeping at a healthy weight. I'm 5'6" and 170. II've been down to 150 but just struggle to keep it off. Support from ladies my age will be awesome!
  • pkdel
    Options
    Tracking tracking tracking. More water. I'm to the point where my joints are starting to hurt, my feet too, from lugging all this around! Thanks, ladies! Far from the Tree, thank you for the insightful links. Haus and MarPeters...let's do it!
  • pkdel
    Options
    I know it can be done...I have friends who do it. I read this the other day from another site and found it to be helpful:

"Self-awareness was the key for me, know thyself. All the times I had lost before I gained it back because I was on a diet. This was temporary in nature, after the weight loss permanent changes never stuck and the weight came back....

At 50 I was diagnosed as a type 2, and had to make a decision. Who did I want to be at 55, 60 and beyond. This was the goal... but it needed more

1) Wanted to be healthier and more fit

Then as about how that person lives...

2) How does that 55 me eat, how does she eat?
    3) How does the 55 get in her exercise?
    4) What does her life look like...

Then I said, no diet. Live like that future me, today and tomorrow she will be here. This is the solution that worked for me.

My body is no longer in its 20's or 30's. I need to live like the future me.

So I started portion control like the future me. try to eat much smaller meals 500 cals or less, 3 to 4 times a day.

Get out and walk/run 3 days a week, twice for an hour each and on the weekend go for some longer walk/runs. Bike 10 miles and some weekends long trail rides.

Want to see what the future looks like, look in the mirror today.

Want to see a different future in the mirror, live like that image today.

This was the trick for me, love myself, know myself and live like the person I want to be tomorrow. "
  • sstreeter8007
    sstreeter8007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 58 and weigh 218 ugh! It has been difficult to stay on track. This app is very useful but I give up every few days and come back. Consistency is what I need!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    63 and here every day for "mutual" support.(Meaning we don't just hit the like button. We actually comment on each others posts). We can lose weight , make friends, and have fun too!
  • pkdel
    Options
    Great IWT!!! SStreeter, consistency...accountability is part of that, if we can get here most days and check in, that would be awesome. So I'm new to the options to do that. Do we need to friend each other? Do we just check in on this thread? So far today I'm 1/2 through my calories. I read where I should be weighing my food. I don't have a food scale. Do you ladies use one? I have a measuring cup! :-) I'm also starting the week with some leftover high caloric food. Maybe I will feed it to the dogs. What do any of you find to be helpful to stay on track?
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 59! I find weighing, measuring and logging all my food really helps keep me on track. I also pre-plan / cook our meals for a couple of days. This is a lifestyle change for me, not a diet. I have learned to make better , healthier, portion controlled choices, and so do not feel like my eating is limited. I love the support of other MFP users! I bought a fitbit, have done a couple of walking challenges to help step up my exercise, and add to my exercise every week. Need to start some strength training now. I look forward to hearing of everyone's successes, we can do this!!
  • pkdel
    Options
    Cool Funship! I found this group we can join and collaborate on...http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/15324-over-50-ladies.

What do you think? Like our own little stitch and b!tch. :wink:
  • LittleSalty
    LittleSalty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm almost 62 (in a few days) and just retired. I've decided that I'm the only one who can take control over my health, so here I am! LOL. I've got quite a bit to lose, but will take each day one by one. I'm sure I will learn much from all of you. Thanks to you all, and have a blessed day!
  • walker306
    walker306 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 53, 212 lb, 5'6". Getting tired of lugging my big belly around.
  • debbieadams62
    debbieadams62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    walker306 wrote: »
    I'm 53, 212 lb, 5'6". Getting tired of lugging my big belly around.

Me too we can be belly buddies. ...let's lose this
  • Love2bme4me
    Love2bme4me Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just starting out trying to get rid of the belly and tone up
  • dorothybpm
    dorothybpm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just joined...57 on the 27th!(monday).5'2" 218...but ready!! :)
  • dorothybpm
    dorothybpm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    dorothybpm wrote: »
    Hi! Just joined...57 on the 17th!(monday).5'2" 218...but ready!! :)

• pkdel
    Options
    Well, it looks like we have quite the gaggle here! It's nice to know I'm not alone. Thank you.
  • cowdrayslimmer
    cowdrayslimmer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    60 and Back again for another try feeling motivated and using this community I hope will help me this time round. Busy job that means meal times can be erratic and doesn't help with dieting!