Breakfast Foods

Options
Right now, I eat an average sized bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats with low fat milk everyday for breakfast, but I'm looking to cut out calories where ever I can. Any recommendations for filling, healthy breakfast foods? I'm not very picky!

Replies

• bevvykins
    bevvykins Posts: 11
    Options
    Tonight I made breakfast for dinner. I made french toast with Pepperidge Farms Whole Wheat Cinnamon Swirl Bread, One egg over hard, and 2 pieces of Oscar Meyer turkey bacon. Grand total for Calories : 238. Fully tummy!!!! I tell you what, making it I thought it was a lot more calories. But it was so yummy. Only takes about 10 minutes too!
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    You can have an egg or egg whites and make a tiny omelet and throw some veggies in there so good :)
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    special k with fresh blueberries :)
  • itstherealest
    Options
    You can always have oatmeal! Lots of fiber and complex carbohydrates!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    have you tried fat free milk I know alot of people hate it but really it is not bad and my son and husband drink it also. I really like multigrain cheerios I find it filling and low in calories. A lot of people swear by oatmeal they say it is filling but I cannot get passed the texture. During the week I go for greek yogurt for breakfast then a small snack later in the morning I can still keep it under 300 calories, but I take medication where I have to wait to eat so cereal is not always an option on the weekdays. Good luck
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Egg whites on whole wheat english muffin or oatmeal
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    I love Kashi cereal with Greek yogurt...good protein and very filling
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    i read somewhere yesterday....egg beaters with a wedge of lauging cow cheese...microwaved! Sounds yummy, quick and easy!
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I do alot of cereal too, but here are a few of my other faves...
    -Eggs are a great source of protein, 70 cals each with toasted Sara lee 45 cal wheat bread and spray butter (0 cal)
    -Oatmeal is awesome. 150 cals for Quaker old fashioned oats. I Love mine with some almond milk stirred in (which is only 60 cls for 8 oz)
    -Eggo Nutrigrain low fat waffles (70 cals each) sprayed with 0 cal spray butter is YUM or spread some peanut butter on it! Even better!
    -low cal bagel and fat free cream cheese
    -any fruit
    If I think of any more I will repost!! =)
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup egg beaters, topped with salsa, a couple of slices of cantaloupe, coffee and a multivitamin. 200 calories:

Items in this meal Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar
    Egg Beaters - Southwestern Eggs, 0.8 cup 90 3 0 15 0 0
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 4 cup (8 fl oz) 9 0 0 1 0 0
    Member's Mark (Sam's Club) Updated - Mature Multi, 1 Tablet 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Newman's Own - Original Salsa Chunky Medium, 6 tbsp (30ml/32g) 30 6 0 0 3 3
    Fresh Fruit - Cantaloupe, 0.4 Medium 71 17 0 2 2 16
    Total: 200 26 0 18 5 19

I knew formatting wouldn't work...
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I eat a large breakfast typically because I work out a lot and need a lot of calories to maintain. Here are some of my staples.

Whole grain waffle (my recipe) with sugar free syrup, 1 egg and 2 egg white scrambled.

Whole grain english muffin with 2 strips bacon, reduced fat cheese, and an egg white.

3 egg white omelet with roasted turkey (NOT deli meat), reduced fat swiss, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions. Side of whole grain toast.

Two eggs over medium on a large slice of whole grain toast. Piece of fruit. 2 strips of bacon.

Go whole hog at it - 1 egg and 2 egg whites omelet with 2 strips of bacon, reduced fat cheddar cheese, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and spinach. Side of whole grain toast.

I stay away from turkey bacon because there's too much sodium in it. I'm never over on my fat so regular bacon works well for me and there's only 80 calories in it. I try to stay around 400 calories for breakfast and 20g of protein. Then I'm off to the gym!
  • bevvykins
    bevvykins Posts: 11
    Options
    I always forget the sodium, because of my severely low blood pressure my dr wants me on a high sodium diet, so I don't pay attention to it much
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I like
    Cottage cheese with pineapple
    Egg whites with avacado
    Greek yogurt (0% no flavor) with half cup of blueberries
    Whole wheat with peanut butter
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I like Instant Cream of Wheat Healthy grain made with almond breeze milk . Then I have a piece of fruit.4
    Very filling.
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    I do the egg white omlettes or oatmeal most mornings myself, but another good breakfast recipe is a individual container of sugar free applesauce, sprinkle it with cinnamon and microwave it till it is warm then pour a container of vanilla yogurt on it..... also makes a good dessert and is less than 200 calories depending on brand choice
  • ninaws
    ninaws Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I used to have a bowl of plain Cheerios with blueberries but my trainer really wants me to get away from that (for multiple reasons: many times, people don't actually eat a single serving -- they just fill their bowl; sugar in milk; prefer to start the day with a protein). So, at his recommendation, this is what I now have for breakfast:

-2 egg whites, 1 regular egg (scrambled)
    -half an avocado
    -fruit of my choice

I wasn't crazy about the avocado -- it was too bland for my taste. So satisfy a fat, I scramble the eggs with 1 tbsp of Smart Balance 50/50 butter spread instead (I <3 buttery scrambled eggs). As far as fruit goes, sometimes I have an apple. Sometimes I have a serving of blueberries or strawberries. Sometimes I have a banana. Sometimes I have a serving of diced watermelon. I know some folks are anti-sugar no matter what form it comes in but my trainer isn't concerned with sugar from fruits so I'm not either!