getting started and Sticking with it

Options
Just started tracking my food today and tomorrow will be my 1st day tracking my exercise, I need help with the STICKING TO IT!!!! That is always my down fall.

Replies

• juleswhite870
    juleswhite870 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too. I always have good intentions but I allow myself to get derailed. Not this time. If I fall off, no beating myself up just going to start again and keep going. We can do this!
  • myjoy58
    myjoy58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! We can do this. I just started too so let's support each other!! We CAN do this and we WILL do this
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Me too. I always have good intentions but I allow myself to get derailed. Not this time. If I fall off, no beating myself up just going to start again and keep going. We can do this!

Great attitude! I find it helps to take it one moment at a time. This helps avoid the trap of "I already blew it today so I may as well eat the cake too". Also, it helps to commit to tracking everything even when you fall off the wagon and have to guess at what you ate after the fact (even if it's the next day). I had to to this today when I had to guess at what I consumed last night--and boy was it a scary amount! It really helps keep the tracking habit and even though I'm hungry right now, I have that scary number from yesterday in my head. So, instead of hitting the vending machine (like I'm really tempted to do right now), I'm logging in to MFP! :smile:

Good luck! You totally can do this!
  • fittogroom
    fittogroom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Its hard. Ive found if you have meals already planned then go ahead and log them, that way youve got something started. Add me if you want friends on mfp
  • mhealea
    mhealea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can do this. We are here to help. Feel free to add me to your friends list